For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
looks nice enough megatron, got to hit my old gym now there in a new building, the old one smelt funny and had nice well used weights and benches, was great to work out in. just hope there new place isnt too clean.

Soldato
Nice article.

My Sports Science teacher always told me that squats are the single most important exercise in terms of targetting the most important areas at the same time :o

Looks like I'll be doing more:rolleyes:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Nice article.

My Sports Science teacher always told me that squats are the single most important exercise in terms of targetting the most important areas at the same time :o

Looks like I'll be doing more:rolleyes:

Once you start adding more plates to the bar you will become addicted. Every session turns into "Can i just squeeze another small plate on and beat last week". The feeling of dropping down and then powering backup with the bar on your shoulders is awesome :cool:

Plus you get the added bonus knowing all the chaved up curl boys are watching you and crying inside ;)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
This is my gym:
http://ministryofmusclegym.com/default.aspx

I'm lucky to train at this gym as when you train with people who know what they are doing, a little rubs off on you. I do feel like part of the woodwork cause I have trained there 2 years 4 days a week now and made good progress.

Looks like an awesome gym.

We have a pretty cool spit and saw dust place in Dunstable that I'd like to try, but its £32 a month and my place is only £15 and to be honest has everything I need.

Permabanned
actually yes, i think i a pretty dam fit person. so could probally give some good advise on getting fit.

can you run 3 miles in 21 mins? if yes, and faster nice one, how you do it, if no, then i can help you .:)

it been proven that bodybuilding ISNT the way to reduce fat, and seems lots of people here seem to think it is.

Body building only works the muscles under the skin/fat, and thus you can do crunches all day long and wont see any visable differance, best way to lose fat is though CV work, and the best exercise for losing fat is swimming, and i mean proper swimming not the stuff you see the fat birds do down the local:)

if you do CV then throw in muscle work you will lose fat, allthough on scales you wont see much differance muscle heavyer ect.

But if you do CV and muscle work within 2 months you can get some amazing results.

remember never to do muscle workouts ie wieghts the day after you did a hard session, sinse you wont gain anything only lose what you have gained in the previous day, tearing muscles first day then repair stronger the next:)

reading this is bringing on my first roid rage episode aaaarrgghhAAARGHGHHHGHH!!!!!

Soldato
actually yes, i think i a pretty dam fit person. so could probally give some good advise on getting fit.

can you run 3 miles in 21 mins? if yes, and faster nice one, how you do it, if no, then i can help you .:)

it been proven that bodybuilding ISNT the way to reduce fat, and seems lots of people here seem to think it is.

Body building only works the muscles under the skin/fat, and thus you can do crunches all day long and wont see any visable differance, best way to lose fat is though CV work, and the best exercise for losing fat is swimming, and i mean proper swimming not the stuff you see the fat birds do down the local:)

if you do CV then throw in muscle work you will lose fat, allthough on scales you wont see much differance muscle heavyer ect.

But if you do CV and muscle work within 2 months you can get some amazing results.

remember never to do muscle workouts ie wieghts the day after you did a hard session, sinse you wont gain anything only lose what you have gained in the previous day, tearing muscles first day then repair stronger the next:)

Clearly you should have your own exercise video, we peons need guidance!

Soldato
How important is it to focus a session on your bicep?

I've heard opinions from two different people in the gym, one saying it's important, the other saying it's not as he just lets other exercises work the bicep (eg pull downs etc)

Caporegime
It's not important, but if you have done all the exercises that normally shred them (i.e. anything that involves pulling) and they still feel like they have some oomph left, then there's no harm in doing some curls then. I strongly advise not doing them before other exercises. Same for tri work.

Permabanned
Also may want to add that it's important not to tire your arms out by doing compound exercises before hand. May want to keep a day aside for just biceps. The bigger your biceps, the faster the rest of your body will develop to keep up.

Good point, ive read a good few reports on squatting hampering arm development too. I mean crikey, when was the last time you saw a guy squat double bodyweight and have ANY meat on his arms?

arnold-squats1.gif

pussy

Soldato
Is it wrong ive started squats 3times a week now? I go Mon/Wed/Fri and I used to just do squats and legs on a friday, but i feel like i need to do more so I incorporate the legs and squats everytime i go?

P.s i love squatting, its the only one i can do without feeling like a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom