For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
awesome picture UE :D

(the best thing about Arnie's encyclopeadia is the pictures, some of them are great)

in a non gay way of course

Permabanned
Is it wrong ive started squats 3times a week now? I go Mon/Wed/Fri and I used to just do squats and legs on a friday, but i feel like i need to do more so I incorporate the legs and squats everytime i go?

P.s i love squatting, its the only one i can do without feeling like a girl

The only problem i see with that is that for most normal people a proper squat session would leave them unable to squat a mere 48hrs later, perhaps you should alter your volume to stress the legs more, i mean i could hit the gym every day and squat 110 for 3x10 each session but it wont get me anywhere. But if i hit the gym once and hit 140 for 4x10 ill grow. Do what works for you but if your not increasing your lifts avery week then your doing it wrong.

Permabanned
Yeh ok, maybe ill try upping it a bit and see how that goes. I must admit i can walk today... :)

heres a good formula i use to make sure im developing an exercise.

start a 3 week cycle take your 12 rep max, say 100kg,

week 1
100kgx10x3

week2
100kgx11x3

week3
100kgx11x3

week1-2
105kgx10x3

week2-2
105kgx11x3

week3-2
105kgx12x3

week x
1rm test or 5rm test

repeat

This way you are always getting another rep or more weight every week but in a very slow and steady fashion that will seem easy

Man of Honour
Bit of a random question for this thread but im doing a website for one of my uni modules and its got to contain at least 5 pages of content, I've decided I'm going to do it on power and strength training.
What sort of info would you want to see on a site? so far I've thought of main page, diet, exercises, supplements and steroids otc and others

Soldato
Bit of a random question for this thread but im doing a website for one of my uni modules and its got to contain at least 5 pages of content, I've decided I'm going to do it on power and strength training.
What sort of info would you want to see on a site? so far I've thought of main page, diet, exercises, supplements and steroids otc and others

Who is the best at Strongman, powerlifting, bodybuilding, olympic lifting or who is current champ.

Compare poncy/harcore gyms, home gym, benifits, prices ect.

Associate
actually yes, i think i a pretty dam fit person. so could probally give some good advise on getting fit.

can you run 3 miles in 21 mins? if yes, and faster nice one, how you do it, if no, then i can help you .:)

it been proven that bodybuilding ISNT the way to reduce fat, and seems lots of people here seem to think it is.

Body building only works the muscles under the skin/fat, and thus you can do crunches all day long and wont see any visable differance, best way to lose fat is though CV work, and the best exercise for losing fat is swimming, and i mean proper swimming not the stuff you see the fat birds do down the local:)

if you do CV then throw in muscle work you will lose fat, allthough on scales you wont see much differance muscle heavyer ect.

But if you do CV and muscle work within 2 months you can get some amazing results.

remember never to do muscle workouts ie wieghts the day after you did a hard session, sinse you wont gain anything only lose what you have gained in the previous day, tearing muscles first day then repair stronger the next:)

MATE YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT I READ THIS IN HOLLAND & BARRAT ON A FLYER!!!!!

Seriously, no.

Permabanned
MATE YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT I READ THIS IN HOLLAND & BARRAT ON A FLYER!!!!!

Seriously, no.

why is it all i can imagine is this guy in a leotard being all gay-peppy and running round and round ^Tank^ or Freefaller doing starjumps and going "cant do this can you big boy, huh? keep up now, keep up, im the fitness machine, MACHINE! get on this train muscle man, get ON IT!"

lol it makes me smile

Caporegime
Why has this thread gone so down hill? It used to be intelligent discussion and a place for people both new and experienced in weightlifting/bodybuilding/etc to share/learn/exchange information and now nearly an entire page of posts is just.. dribble. :/

I realise a lot of the stuff is tongue in cheek, but can't we just say "No, that won't help" rather than all the guff? Please? :)

Caporegime
why is it all i can imagine is this guy in a leotard being all gay-peppy and running round and round ^Tank^ or Freefaller doing starjumps and going "cant do this can you big boy, huh? keep up now, keep up, im the fitness machine, MACHINE! get on this train muscle man, get ON IT!"

lol it makes me smile

Mr Motivator? I saw him on tv the other day =/

What sites do you guys buy weights from? I'm still a beginner, so would it be better to just get 'cheap' ones from argos etc....

Cause I need a barbell, and excess weights really....and maybe some more dumbells, as im sick of changing the weights over all the time.

Permabanned
Mr Motivator? I saw him on tv the other day =/

What sites do you guys buy weights from? I'm still a beginner, so would it be better to just get 'cheap' ones from argos etc....

Cause I need a barbell, and excess weights really....and maybe some more dumbells, as im sick of changing the weights over all the time.

i use www.fitness-superstore.co.uk good prices mostly and good service although argos do a good 140kg marcy set

Caporegime
I don't find too much wrong with the thread to be hoenst...It's not just full of constant stats filling...I can actually come here and ask a question without it being missed.

Granted the random banter can clog it, just keep low on it if we can I guess.

Thanks for the link Ultra, do you know what 140kg set it was in Argoose? As in filled DB's / black metal / chrome....I'm thinking of getting the plain metal ones soon, as the filled ones are way to clunky.

Permabanned
I don't find too much wrong with the thread to be hoenst...It's not just full of constant stats filling...I can actually come here and ask a question without it being missed.

Granted the random banter can clog it, just keep low on it if we can I guess.

Thanks for the link Ultra, do you know what 140kg set it was in Argoose? As in filled DB's / black metal / chrome....I'm thinking of getting the plain metal ones soon, as the filled ones are way to clunky.

marcy olympic m8 cast iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom