For those who like Biffy Clryo...

Soldato
Great bunch of lads the Biffy boys - I know Simon well (i'm great friends with his older brother) and they are fantastic in concert and I hope someone from here gets a chance at this. Been to many Biffy gigs and it's a great gig ever time!!

Associate
Great way for them to get free images, another nail in the music photographers coffin.

Not that there's ever been much money in it anyway! Hence I ditched doing it for weddings,,

Soldato
So...

I got an email today...

I've been chosen to do the Plymouth date for this tour..

1 out of 8 people in the UK..

There is one photographer per date.

Soldato
WOW! Very very well done dude!!! Are you excited?

Massively!

I'm quite scared too really, I can't believe out of the 100's of people there was that I was chosen really.

I'll be shooting with a Canon 40D and my 50mm 1.8, so i'm quite limited as to the kind of shots I can get maybe.

I might hopefully be borrowing some more lenses, and I definitely need to get some more memory cards to shoot with!

(Might even get my hands on a 7D to shoot with as well, hehe)

Soldato
Have you considered hiring another lens to give you a bit more flexibility with the photos? It's a really good opportunity so a small outlay would probably be worth it.

I think I'll be able to get my hands on some extra kit through some people that I know, but i'm not 100% sure what the exact lenses they have are. I think there's a 50mm 1.4 which is tempting but won't give me much width (again) !

And, in all honesty, I'm not sure what lens I'd be looking to rent.

Something wide, but that's also pretty quick to capture the light I guess. I also don't know how far I'll be from them etc.

OG

OG

Associate
OP
So...

I got an email today...

I've been chosen to do the Plymouth date for this tour..

1 out of 8 people in the UK..

There is one photographer per date.

Awesome work man, you must be thrilled! Let us know how you get on and of course posting your shots is a must too. You never know this may lead onto bigger and better things!

Back
Top Bottom