Ford Focus ST (06) Plate - Need some guidance on this car with many mods.

Associate
Now, I have found this on pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2533370.htm

Focus ST3 2006 (06). Taxed & mot'd till end of July. FSH with every receipt since new. The car has had 2 owners and i've owned it since Sept 07. It has loads of Ford options and other extras.
FORD OPTIONS:
Electric sunroof.
Dual climate control.
Visibility pack.
Rear parking sensors.
Side stripes.
OTHER EXTRAS:
In car 10 disc DVD player with TV's in the h/rests and 2 x cordless headphones.
Paintshield protection (it's a clear film that prevents stonechips and it covers the bonnet,front bumper,front wings,mirrors,rear arches and back bumper).
Wolf mid rear spoiler.
Mongoose cat back exhaust.
Zito 5 spoke alloy wheels.
Zunsport stainless front grill kit.
Black angel eye h/lights with HID kit and black rear lights.
Mudflaps.
Privacy glass.
The car is in immaculate condition inside & out and has never been smoked in.
I also have the standard cat back exhaust, standard front xenons,standard rear lights and top & bottom standard front grills that are all included in the price. £9,250 ono

And having had a look at the Parkers price, £8195 sounds about right for Private Good conditioned. It's obviously a well cared for car but I was just looking for guidance more on the cost of his mods already carried out, even although I am not terribly fussed about them. So with my current research, I've determined that:

Non-Ford Mods
Black angel eye headlights - £160 to buy new
HID Kit - ???
Wolf mid rear spoiler - £176 plus VAT (Not fitted)
Black rear lights - £100
Zunsport stainless front grill kit - £160 or £180 (with black finish) - Can't quite make it out.
Mud Flaps - £70
Mongoose cat back exhaust - £477.54
In car DVD + Tv etc. - £100-150? (Just my guesswork here)
Zito 5 spoke alloy wheels - Not sure i'll factor this in as they are the only set!!
Paintshield protection (it's a clear film that prevents stonechips and it covers the bonnet,front bumper,front wings,mirrors,rear arches and back bumper). - No idea how much this is!!
Privacy Glass - ???

FORD OPTIONS-
Electric sunroof - £500
Dual climate control - £400
Visibilty pack -
Rear parking sensors - £200
Side stripes - £75

So already, it is looking like a bargain (even considering them to be "used parts") but just wanted to gather other people's thoughts and to perhaps fill in some of my blanks or re-adjust the figures. And also, are these mods likely to impact on the insurance at all as there hasn't been any engine mods?

Soldato
I have a heavily modified Focus ST but I can't stand some of those mods, namely the light and alloys, and I dunno why he's clagged ST badges onto the seats, I don't like it at all.

Associate
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2496319.htm

That's my brother's for sale. Currently the lowest priced orange ST-3 online, I believe. He's only had mickey mouse offers of 7-7.5k so far - slightly more miles than you were looking at, and no mods (bar a slight colouring to the alloys when he had them all refurbed), but mechanically perfect.

Let me know if you need more info and I'll get him to send it on

Soldato
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2496319.htm

That's my brother's for sale. Currently the lowest priced orange ST-3 online, I believe. He's only had mickey mouse offers of 7-7.5k so far - slightly more miles than you were looking at, and no mods (bar a slight colouring to the alloys when he had them all refurbed), but mechanically perfect.

Let me know if you need more info and I'll get him to send it on

TBH it's not the greatest advert ever - it doesn't have a lot of information on it does it?

Not to mention that between it's last service it did nearly 20k miles and another one it did 17.5k miles. Aren't the service intervals supposed to be 12.5k miles?

He might want to spend 10 minutes sprucing the advert up a bit if he wants to sell it as close to the asking price as poss :)

Back
Top Bottom