Ford Mondeo Ecoboost 1.6

Associate
I've just bought a 12 plate Zetec with 17" alloys and tinted rear windows as extras and just wondering what peoples thoughts are?

Anything to watch out for? Are they underpowered or quite pleasant to drive. I'm upgrading from a 59 plate 1.6 100bhp focus, which I found not bad on fuel but lacking power.

Soldato
You tell us, you've just bought the thing! Surely you drove it???

They're what, 160-180bhp? I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine given people kick around in 115osh bhp diesel mondeos

Soldato
Have you not driven it?

I was looking at these, its the cheapest Ecoboost 1.6 available as the Focus is usually a grand or so more expensive. 160 BHP but the Mondeo is a big car which is what puts me off it so 0-60 is over 9 secs. Most reviews seem to state that it drives like a car with a bigger engine so yeah, it'll drive fine, better than your previous car I would imagine

Associate
OP
I pick the car up tomorrow, I didn't bother with a test drive as I've driven a few early model mondeos before. I had my son with me and he wasn't covered under trade plate insurance. I've had a look on the various unofficial Ford forums but there isn't much info on how this engine performs.

I loved my 51 plate mondeo I had a few years back but as it was a first gen tdci, it had some expensive issues.

Associate
OP
I was after opinions/experiences from other owners of the same car (if any). In true OCUK motors style, nit picked and shot down in style. As mentioned above I've driven a few older mondeos and been happy with the size and handling. I couldn't take it for a test drive as my son was with me and the insurance wouldn't cover him. The showroom is 60 miles away so its not just a quick trip back for a test drive.

Caporegime
Whilst I appreciate you couldn't test drive right there and then, are you saying there are no more local dealers than 60 miles away? Sounds odd to me.

I certainly couldn't spend that much without a test drive, a current mondeo is a world of difference to a mk3.

Man of Honour
I was after opinions/experiences from other owners of the same car (if any).

But it's too late. What if the opinions are all that it's rubbish (It's not, but you can see my point)? You've bought it, its yours, it matters not what everyone elses thinks now. The time for opinions and research is pre purchase not post purchase.

I couldn't take it for a test drive as my son was with me and the insurance wouldn't cover him.

Sounds a bit dodgy this - surely you could have driven it.

Man of Honour
I'll be honest,

LS430
DB9
XJ

All purchased without ever test driving or knowing what they drive like. The drive home was the first time even sitting in the drivers seat for all of them.

Yea, thats just like buying a small engined Mondeo. You just don't know whether a Porsche 911 is going to suck or not when you buy it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The fuel economy on them is not that great

fbz_cc0dc965c02b7cc2e67a411885316d16_zpswzy0lhc4.jpg~original

Back
Top Bottom