Ford + service = mot failure + death!

Associate
OP
spell check? whas dat?

I just got a call from the garage saying the car had been taken for it's MOT again, taken by the manager personally :D

So a good result in the end.

Soldato
scratch said:
Everyone has the potential to make mistakes

Thats very true, people can make mistakes.

scratch said:
and its not the fact that this garage was a main dealer that caused you problems. I could understand if you refused to use that particular garage in the future, but tarnishing all main dealers with the same brush is a little extreme don't you think?
People would expect a main dealer to have mechanics that are more educated on the vehicles they work on as they are supposed to be trained for that makes vehicle range. Personally, I've come across quite a few dealerships that don't carry out the work properly.
Problems with servicing varying from greasy finger prints on the headlining of a new car to a dealership that didn't bother greasing the suspension during a service because they didn't actually have a grease gun, believe it or not!
Dealerships don't really care because they don't have to do much to gain customers, People have to use them because of the warranty on new cars etc.
Independant garages have to keep customers happy to keep the customer.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
So they've fixed the problem, been very apologetic, and totally nice to you about it and you STILL want more becuase on what COULD have happened but actually didn't?

Why is it this appears to be the norm in the UK these days? Nobody is ever happy with sensible resolution to an issue and people sorting mistakes - they always want more, more more - compensation, compensation, compensation and they'll go on and on about what COULD have happened even though it didn't happen so really it is quite irrelevant.

I'm with Fox on this - the garage has made a mistake, admitted it and done all it can to rectify the problem in a courteous and professional manner. Leave it at that.

The seriousness of the original problem is really a matter for them to deal with internally - i.e. identify how the problem occured and make sure it never happens again.

Associate
WOW with the whole compensation culture. Everyone wants a free this or that when something goes wrong. I'm with Baron and Fox, sounds like the manager bent over backwards to help the situation, and I bet once you left had a right go at the guy who did it wrong in the first place. Also you said you were impressed with their attitude once the problem was found and brought to light, yet you still decide never to use a main dealer ever again? Strange. :confused:

Soldato
I can see why he wants to be compensated, after all petrol isn't free. They cocked a job up, they weren't doing him a good turn by fixing it quickly, they did what they should have done in the first place!

I'm not a mechanic but going from what the MOT tester said this mistake could have been very dangerous. I hope he atleast gets a tank of petrol or something along them lines from them.

They don't have to give him anything but I would have thought that it would make good PR to chuck something extra in to try and retain custom.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
On a side note, brakes wouldn't have totally failed due to one hose, you'd have lost one back and one front iirc due to the diagonally split systems people make nowadays.

So brake power would have been reduced, but not lost.

I'd have thought anway, could be wrong :)

Soldato
Ev0 said:
On a side note, brakes wouldn't have totally failed due to one hose, you'd have lost one back and one front iirc due to the diagonally split systems people make nowadays.

So brake power would have been reduced, but not lost.

I'd have thought anway, could be wrong :)
Thats right. Also the brake fluid warning light would have come on shortly after the fluid escaped from the burst hose.

Back
Top Bottom