Foreign film recommendations

Man of Honour
One film I watched a long, long time ago, in Spain, was a Spanish film called ‘Tesis’ which was a strange / disturbing mystery film about snuff films and trying to find out who was behind them. Rather bleak but, as far as I recall, quite good and certainly stayed with me.

Soldato
One film I watched a long, long time ago, in Spain, was a Spanish film called ‘Tesis’ which was a strange / disturbing mystery film about snuff films and trying to find out who was behind them. Rather bleak but, as far as I recall, quite good and certainly stayed with me.
I think it got remade in the us as 8mm with Nicolas cage. Or the plots are similar I found.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I need to see the original 2010 Pointe blank - the remakes guardian review epitomises whats wrong with netflix - fast food .. you eat it and realise it did you no good.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/12/point-blank-netflix-review-remake-anthony-mackie
In order to create the optimal viewing experience for rickety Netflix thriller Point Blank, a quickie remake of the acclaimed 2010 French film, expectations should either be lowered or, even better, eradicated completely. It’s an easy-to-follow strategy given that a) Netflix original films are patchy at best and b) here’s yet another one of them that’s received no form of marketing push.

also noted re Cold Blood, which I wont bother to see
Jean Reno gives here another LEON, as Luc Besson will, in a few months; give us ANNA, another NIKITA...So, you see, old schemes come back one way or another.
messing up his wonderful legacy.

Associate
Associate
OP
I think I need to see the original 2010 Pointe blank - the remakes guardian review epitomises whats wrong with netflix - fast food .. you eat it and realise it did you no good.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/12/point-blank-netflix-review-remake-anthony-mackie

also noted re Cold Blood, which I wont bother to see

messing up his wonderful legacy.

It's a pity that despite having running out of ideas for new content, film studios can't even be bothered to remake the classics properly. I definitely won't be watching these remakes, don't want to tarnish my views on the originals.

Speaking of Léon: The Professional, did anyone else prefer the theatrical cut over the director's cut?

Soldato
Infernal affairs 1 and 2, haven't seen 3. But IA2 is badass.

(French) Taxi and Taxi 2 are absolute classics, taxi 3 is dumb.

Their is a koren film called 2000AD that I enjoy a lot and has some good action.

All three of the vengeance trilogy are a must. Oldboy is obviously the cult classic but the other two are equally messed up with a nice dose of revenge.

13 Assassins is also great but pretty slow.

Soldato
film studios can't even be bothered to remake the classics properly. I definitely won't be watching these remakes, don't want to tarnish my views on the originals.
(today) amusing that the usa netflix shares tumbled - viewer subscriptions down .. they seem to say it's because of competition & sub increase .... I would accuse the content.

Soldato
Could some one recommend some Foreign Movies ?

I like the old jackie chan movies amour of the gods ect

Im a bit bored with the US movies and UK movies a lately
Most UK movies are boring bio's, and US is fixed on super heros.

I have seen have seen most of Jackie chan, jet li movies, I have also seen other like raid 1-2, IP man 1-2-3, crouching tiger, ong bak

I cant think of any good new chines actor as good as them so ive not really seen anything new

I've seen some Indian movies like PK but its only a one off that I descent.
seen a few Japaneses anime movies, nothing that sticks out

Not really seen anything outside them.

Associate
OP
Could some one recommend some Foreign Movies ?

I like the old jackie chan movies amour of the gods ect

Im a bit bored with the US movies and UK movies a lately
Most UK movies are boring bio's, and US is fixed on super heros.

I have seen have seen most of Jackie chan, jet li movies, I have also seen other like raid 1-2, IP man 1-2-3, crouching tiger, ong bak

I cant think of any good new chines actor as good as them so ive not really seen anything new

I've seen some Indian movies like PK but its only a one off that I descent.
seen a few Japaneses anime movies, nothing that sticks out

Not really seen anything outside them.

My recommendations would be the ones in the first post. Others have added theirs along the way.

Back
Top Bottom