Formula 1

Soldato
Zip said:
:eek:

That is crap, there are too many rules and regulations in F1 these days :mad:

I agree. I filled in the fans questionnaire and said exactly that. But at least there is a fans questionnaire... i just hope they listen to the fans!

Arc

Arc

Associate
Overlag said:
The main problems i think came from:

1: no TC made it REALLY hard to apply power down to the road...compounded by.......

2: no tire warmers for the wets ment that they NEVER got up to temp on some cars, it was SO cold for a August day. I dont think ive ever been so cold in August. Cold tires = less grip.

3: im not sure if it was just me or my position at the circuit (Abby, Bridge and the last few corners), but the camber (and overall movement) on some of the cars rear wheels looked to be WAY over done, the rear wheels almost looked loose. The inside wheel during turns often looked to be totally off the ground except the inside edge. Nigels car being the worst. Maybe that was due to there rubber moving around more due to low temps/pressures?

TC shouldnt matter tbh, there are plenty of racing series the world over with those levels of power and no tc and they still manage in the wet.

The lack of tyre warmers would cause a problem initially as the tyres start out cold but over the course of a few laps the tyres should come up to temperature. However, if the tyre compound was too hard it wouldnt generate enough heat and therefore the tyre would remain relatively cold and not grip. Which I think may have been the problem at that GP along with some of the setup issues you saw.

NM's car had a diff that detonated so he had no chance of cornering, although at first they thought it was an alignment problem.

In saying that, if its their first wet race then their bound to learn from it.

Back
Top Bottom