Forza 5 Announced

Associate
Alright, this 1 hour conference seemed to be quite a let down except for one thing, and that is Forza 5. As much as I hate to say it, what the heck is going on with xbox!!! At least they're still showing Forza some love!

I hope there isn't another post already, if there is I apologize in advance and will take all scrutiny with a pinch of salt.

I'll update this thread as more news comes! I LOVE FORZA!

Update 1, 05/06/13: Microsoft confirms 60 frames per second! - Although they don't really specify if it will be at 1080p?

Update 2, 07/06/13: Studio confirms Forza 5 will indeed run 1080p at 60fps.

Update 3, 15/08/13: Limited Collector's Edition Announced and I must say it looks HAWT!

11tltg2.jpg

Microsoft today announced an $80 Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition, set to launch with the racing game this November exclusively on Xbox One.

The premium bundle comes in a steelbook case and features an assortment of digital wares, including the Limited Edition Car Pack, a bundle of five vehicles.

These are the 2011 Audi RS3 Sportback, 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, 2013 Ford M. Shelby Mustang GT500, 2013 McLaren P1, and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS.

The Forza 5 Limited Edition also includes a VIP Membership, which offers players 2x player reward acceleration, access to multiplayer events, an in-game player card badge, and unspecified in-game gifts from the Forza community team.

A VIP membership also gives gamers access to vehicles including the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, 1991 Mazda #55 787B, 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, and 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Players who purchase the Forza 5 Limited Edition will also receive a Day One Car Pack, featuring a 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, 2013 Ford Focus ST, and 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.

In addition to everything mentioned above, the Forza 5 Limited Edition will feature a decal sheet with Forza, Xbox One, and Audi window stickers, and 1,250 car tokens that grants access to every car in the game, Microsoft said.

Lastly, Microsoft also announced a Forza 5 Day One Edition today. It features the Day One Car Pack mentioned above, as well as commemorative packaging said to match the Xbox One Day One console design. This bundle will be available for the standard $60.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder how much trouble they will be in for ripping the commentary from the ALMS 2012 Road america race. You can hear in the forza video that he talks about a mazda for goodness sake.

Hopefully they aren't planning to do commentary like that in forza 5

Last edited:
Associate
not impressed, its just as bad as the gt6 trailer..... doesn't really show anything new.
Until you realise it wasn't pre-rendered.

The GT6 trailer was pre-rendered using game assets, the same way they've always made GT trailers. The Forza 5 trailer was real-time running on an Xbox One devkit.

Soldato
Until you realise it wasn't pre-rendered.

The GT6 trailer was pre-rendered using game assets, the same way they've always made GT trailers. The Forza 5 trailer was real-time running on an Xbox One devkit.

I'll take that with a massive pitch of salt if you don't mind

Soldato
The PC already has racing simulators which are infinitely better than Forza :confused:

And before I get jumped on by fanboys, I say the above as a Forza fan.

There's nothing quite like Forza or GT on the PC though, is there? They aren't simulations IMO, well not what a PC gamer would term a simulation, although they are about as simmy as console games get.

Assetto Corsa is the only thing so far I can see being anything like either game on the PC, and that's unreleased.

Soldato
Massive Forza Fan, but all I saw from yesturday was a FMV of 2 Mclarens racing each other, Just like all the other stuff they shown, not any real gameplay, nothing much to get excited about really.

But the Xbox One has just been announced so Its kinda acceptable.

Soldato
Massive Forza Fan, but all I saw from yesturday was a FMV of 2 Mclarens racing each other, Just like all the other stuff they shown, not any real gameplay, nothing much to get excited about really.

But the Xbox One has just been announced so Its kinda acceptable.

T10 keep everything very close to their chest. Don't expect to see any gameplay footage until a couple of months before release, maybe less.

Soldato
There's nothing quite like Forza or GT on the PC though, is there? They aren't simulations IMO, well not what a PC gamer would term a simulation, although they are about as simmy as console games get.

Assetto Corsa is the only thing so far I can see being anything like either game on the PC, and that's unreleased.

There is. check out pcars. its basically forza for pc with ubber stupid realistic graphics that look better then the forza 5 rendered video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVRaXe4ic8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgvbMSS0VE

Soldato
I've been in the pCars loop for a while, albeit only as a junior member, and I wouldn't say it's remotely like GT5 or Forza :confused:

It started off looking like it was going to be a sim, then IMO has lost it's way massively and doesn't really know what it is.

Soldato
I've been in the pCars loop for a while, albeit only as a junior member, and I wouldn't say it's remotely like GT5 or Forza :confused:

It started off looking like it was going to be a sim, then IMO has lost it's way massively and doesn't really know what it is.

how is it not like forza/gt5? it will have a career mode similar to those games where you start off racing in go karts and make your way up on different classes.

It is not as realistic as rfactor 2 but at the same time not as arcady as grid/NFS. it is a bit more realistic then forza/GT.

i fail to see how it is not like forza/GT:confused::confused::confused:

Soldato
Probably due to the fact it's nowhere near finished, perhaps I'm too used to how rough it's been over development?

When it's FINAL and released across all platforms it may well be closer, but as it is when I last played it a couple of months ago, it felt nothing like GT/Forza and was still way off being as polished a game, and I still maintain it's lost its way. The early builds were a lot more simmy and fun, the handling recently I don't know what to make of. It's become quite diluted, probably to appeal to a wider market.

I'll have to update it and see if things have changed much in the last month or 2.

Associate
OP
Alright guys, Microsoft has confirmed that Forza 5 will be running at 60 frames per second.

Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

Confirmation of the smooth frame rate will come as a great relief to series fans who have been left wondering since the game's announcement last month.

Official word came as the Microsoft Studios chief revealed there will be no minimum performance requirements (such as resolution or frame rate) set for games released on Xbox One.

"There were games that shipped on 360 that were less than 720p," said Spencer. "It's important we give creators the best tools to create the best experience possible and I don't think that platform holders can dictate what the internal frame buffer size should be.

"Forza 5 runs at 60 frames per second, but other people will make different trade-offs. I think it's important - maybe because I'm a studio guy - that you give freedom to the creator because today, through lighting techniques and post effects, resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty."

Spencer concluded: "Some of the most beautiful games of this generation are not dictated by how many pixels they're pushing to the screen. Motion blur, antialiasing, lighting: all of these things come into play. We just give developers the tools and let them make the right creative decisions."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f..._60_frames_per_second_confirms_microsoft.html

Back
Top Bottom