Forza 5 Announced

Soldato
4tBqxfOs

DnI40bur

ytysuKAG

Associate
I really don't understand all the complaints about Drivartar. I personally think it is a great addition to the series and the best thing to happen in racing A.I in forever.
Yes the A.I can be annoying and get in your way but that is how real races are. In fact Drivatar feels like you are racing online against real people.
I have seen two A.I racers take each other out because they are fighting each other for track space etc. It is SO much fun and miles better than most racing A.I
Plus even if you are in the lead the CPU will still keep fighting and try to catch you, no rubber banding, just good racing.
What do you guys think?

Soldato
I really don't understand all the complaints about Drivartar. I personally think it is a great addition to the series and the best thing to happen in racing A.I in forever.
Yes the A.I can be annoying and get in your way but that is how real races are. In fact Drivatar feels like you are racing online against real people.
I have seen two A.I racers take each other out because they are fighting each other for track space etc. It is SO much fun and miles better than most racing A.I
Plus even if you are in the lead the CPU will still keep fighting and try to catch you, no rubber banding, just good racing.
What do you guys think?

I completely agree. I think the only poor part is that they haven't improved the career mode since forza 3 really. They should have reinvented it. It does have a lack of tracks also but its not too bad.

Soldato

I agree, any future game i get that uses normal AI will be a complete let down.

My only complaint is you cant have 15 of your friends Drivatars in each race, you only get about 5-6 then have the rest as randoms.

They are bit of a challenge sometimes on Unbeatable, if the races were 1 lap longer, it would be easy to beat them by a big margin every race though.

Soldato
Yeah he can be a bit of a bugger. loves trying to ram me off of the road as i am going past him.

You have some good times. I will challenge them once i have enough money to get the cars needed to get records. Just using cars i am wanting to use at the moment.

Edit: Just realised who you are. :p

Last edited:
Associate
The Drivatars are so unpredictable, which makes them and the races more life like.
In fact I have enjoyed racing in single player mode so much I have barely raced online so far.
The A.I racers actually race and fight each other for position which is something I have never seen before. Yesterday two of them took each other out and ended up off the track because they were fighting so hard. It was very handy because I was struggling to catch them :)
Can't wait for Forza 6 when the technically will no doubt improve greatly.
Good work Turn 10

Soldato
Thanks thenameDS.

Yeah i find the offline racing very competitive, not actually played online as i didn't understand how it worked so left it.

Darryn's (DreederOCUK) drivatar is giving me a lot of jip. I have it on the hardest settings and the only drivatar to win me in Darryns, quite a few times now and always only by milliseconds. Can be very dirty to, a number of times i have been knocked off track by his drivatar.

Caporegime
So far liking the game, been playing it on and off for the past few weeks but severely disappointed in the lack of tracks. Pretty much mastered most of them but still its stupidly retarded that they only gave us a handful of tracks to choose from whereas gran turismo has plenty to choose from.

Im hoping the next version of Forza has far more tracks or at least forza 5 gets a track dlc or update.

Soldato
So far liking the game, been playing it on and off for the past few weeks but severely disappointed in the lack of tracks. Pretty much mastered most of them but still its stupidly retarded that they only gave us a handful of tracks to choose from whereas gran turismo has plenty to choose from.

Im hoping the next version of Forza has far more tracks or at least forza 5 gets a track dlc or update.
The lack of tracks is my biggest concern with Forza 5. There HAS to be more tracks released either free with updates, such as next week's rumoured update, or paid DLC. I really hope that the Forza team wanted extra time to make more tracks up to the standard of tracks released with Forza 5.

My only other moan on Forza 5 is the whole next driver target system. You get told a few drivers and their times to beat before the race. During the race, should you beat the target time, you get given the name of the next target driver, but not their time. How do I know what their time is if I can't remember it from the screen before the race?

Caporegime
The lack of tracks is my biggest concern with Forza 5. There HAS to be more tracks released either free with updates, such as next week's rumoured update, or paid DLC. I really hope that the Forza team wanted extra time to make more tracks up to the standard of tracks released with Forza 5.

My only other moan on Forza 5 is the whole next driver target system. You get told a few drivers and their times to beat before the race. During the race, should you beat the target time, you get given the name of the next target driver, but not their time. How do I know what their time is if I can't remember it from the screen before the race?

Yep thats another gripe of mine, once you have beaten the first guys time the next one you dont know what his time is unless you miraculously somehow beat it without knowing it.

As for the extra tracks, was reading an article where the guy in charge of the Forza franchise said there will be a dlc with more tracks added but no idea as to when it will be released. Personally it should be a free update of tracks, not a fan of buying dlc for stuff that should have been in the game from the word go.

For me Forza5 is a massive disappointment in regards to the number of tracks and cars as well. Can only hope the next release of Forza will be more packed with cars and tracks...would love it if they added a track editor into the game ie make our own tracks if we want to.

Back
Top Bottom