Forza 5 Announced

Soldato
Yep thats another gripe of mine, once you have beaten the first guys time the next one you dont know what his time is unless you miraculously somehow beat it without knowing it.
Indeed. I don't understand why the target time is listed on screen as well.

As for the extra tracks, was reading an article where the guy in charge of the Forza franchise said there will be a dlc with more tracks added but no idea as to when it will be released. Personally it should be a free update of tracks, not a fan of buying dlc for stuff that should have been in the game from the word go.
Seems like the Forza team want to make more money from Forza 5 post-sale.

For me Forza5 is a massive disappointment in regards to the number of tracks and cars as well. Can only hope the next release of Forza will be more packed with cars and tracks...would love it if they added a track editor into the game ie make our own tracks if we want to.
Surely Forza 6 is a few years away? FH2 is next in a year or so I reckon.

I'm hoping the next one is horizon 2, loved the first 1.
Can't wait for it. FH was an experiment for the Forza team; and it paid off. They'll surely release FH2 next, ahead of Forza 6. Wonder if they'll move the game from Colorado and will the in-game world be over a larger area.

Soldato
Just had my first real bash at this online, something I did notice is possibly a flaw in the Drivatar system... Eau Rouge at Spa, the drivatars break sometime quite heavily through the right hand curve, in the online games no one did this. Which makes me think that I probably break heavily there offline, because the Drivatars are doing, which in turn makes my Drivatar do it, and causing a nasty vicious circle.

Soldato
Just thought id say, I saw the advert on TV last night and I thought it looked like the best racing game ever, really looked good !!
I don't own an Xbox though

It is fantastic. The cars and tracks look amazing, the sounds are top notch, the livery editor is brilliant, the handling feels great and the drivatars make offline racing refreshing each time.

The legitimate gripe about it is a comparable lack of content to their previous games. I'm not finding it that big an issue.

Soldato
i think its when you have GT6 adverts coming up with it saying about 1200 cars and 100 odd tracks or whatever. fact is the game is on the last generation, so it would have taken only minor updates to get that amount of content.

Soldato
i think its when you have GT6 adverts coming up with it saying about 1200 cars and 100 odd tracks or whatever. fact is the game is on the last generation, so it would have taken only minor updates to get that amount of content.

Indeed, Polyphony will have to make the same decision so it will be interesting to see what they do. I am slightly concerned considering their previous, we'll probably end up with a next gen GT game where 2/3 of the cars and tracks are b-spec. I'd much rather them go down the same route as Turn 10 and have a better quality but less quantity.

Associate
Indeed, Polyphony will have to make the same decision so it will be interesting to see what they do. I am slightly concerned considering their previous, we'll probably end up with a next gen GT game where 2/3 of the cars and tracks are b-spec. I'd much rather them go down the same route as Turn 10 and have a better quality but less quantity.

I believe the premium cars in GT6 are essentially full-details models downsized to work on the PS3, and they now have 400 of them. So I doubt GT7 would see a huge drop in car number.

Soldato
Eau Rouge at Spa, the drivatars break sometime quite heavily through the right hand curve, in the online games no one did this. Which makes me think that I probably break heavily there offline, because the Drivatars are doing, which in turn makes my Drivatar do it, and causing a nasty vicious circle.
Frankly, the drivatars are idiots. Even on 'unbeatable' they still brake too hard and use some odd lines. I really wouldn't use them as a guide of the best way around a track. Instead download a ghost of a half-decent time in the leaderboards and use that.

With Eau Rouge you should be able to take it with the meerest of a lift in a C class car. Anything above that and you want to lift off/brake lightly from the first left apex and then feed the power back in as the front grips up at the bottom of the hill, aiming you at the apex of the left at the top.

Caporegime

Or in the case of GT6, practically zero updates. The vast majority of cars go back to GT4.

Soldato
I believe the premium cars in GT6 are essentially full-details models downsized to work on the PS3, and they now have 400 of them. So I doubt GT7 would see a huge drop in car number.

400 of their 1200 car marketing spiel, 2/3 is looking kinda accurate.

But I see what you are saying, it depends on their process as to how much work needs to be done on each.

Soldato

I converted a tone of cars from x360 forza 4(the lod0 models you see in photomode etc) and all of them were HQ! they never remodeled any of the cars I personally converted the bmw e39 from forza 4 and worked on that model for hours! the same exact model is used in fm5.

in fm4 and fh there were 6 lod levels.. lodX which was the autovista models with doorsills etc.. lod0 photomode/player model lod1 - all the AI's etc..

it's their excuse to release things in the future as DLC's and milk the gamers.

not only that but you don't even have a proper wheel to play on xbox one!

its either they simply didin't have the time to convert all the models from fm4/fh to fm5 or they decided that part of their new milking systems with hoodies, 'ring dlc's and so on they can milk even more! and call it additional content!

this all started after fm3 imo and fm4 was bad and FH was bad.. but fm5 is just pee take.

I'm genuinely disappointed with xbox one and fm5.. but oh well :) fm6 might be better for now I'm having a blast on gt6 with my dfgt!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a mini cooper '65 tuned upto A class (699 rating), it's hilarious pulling away at the startling line with the likes of lambo and ferrari drivers all screaming 'WHAT THE **** DUDE!' haha!

There is actually a tune available to get them upto R class, insane!

Associate
I converted a tone of cars from x360 forza 4(the lod0 models you see in photomode etc) and all of them were HQ! they never remodeled any of the cars I personally converted the bmw e39 from forza 4 and worked on that model for hours! the same exact model is used in fm5.

in fm4 and fh there were 6 lod levels.. lodX which was the autovista models with doorsills etc.. lod0 photomode/player model lod1 - all the AI's etc..

it's their excuse to release things in the future as DLC's and milk the gamers.

not only that but you don't even have a proper wheel to play on xbox one!

its either they simply didin't have the time to convert all the models from fm4/fh to fm5 or they decided that part of their new milking systems with hoodies, 'ring dlc's and so on they can milk even more! and call it additional content!

this all started after fm3 imo and fm4 was bad and FH was bad.. but fm5 is just pee take.

I'm genuinely disappointed with xbox one and fm5.. but oh well :) fm6 might be better for now I'm having a blast on gt6 with my dfgt!
Not sure about all the"lod" stuff you mention,but fact forza5 looks and runs great is all I'm personally interested in.
As far as there being no wheel for forza?thrustmaster tx for xbox and pc is available,not tried it but appears at heart to be similar to t500.
There's no getting away from fact forza community are annoyed at missing features in forza5,have no idea if turn10 will implement some back over time.
And dlc?..like it or lump it a sign of times,annoying if staple forza circuits are now to be dlc,but people will have to decide what there willing to pay for.
Don't have gt6,got bored of gt series and lack of ai etc sometime ago,but isn't there going to be regular paid for dlc in gt6? Not followed it's release,but thought they were doing dlc?

Soldato
Not sure about all the"lod" stuff you mention,but fact forza5 looks and runs great is all I'm personally interested in.
As far as there being no wheel for forza?thrustmaster tx for xbox and pc is available,not tried it but appears at heart to be similar to t500.
There's no getting away from fact forza community are annoyed at missing features in forza5,have no idea if turn10 will implement some back over time.
And dlc?..like it or lump it a sign of times,annoying if staple forza circuits are now to be dlc,but people will have to decide what there willing to pay for.
Don't have gt6,got bored of gt series and lack of ai etc sometime ago,but isn't there going to be regular paid for dlc in gt6? Not followed it's release,but thought they were doing dlc?

and it should look and run great! it's next gen after all but when did you look at fm4 and think "darn this looks dated" personally i logged 200+ hours on fm4 had 350+ cars and never once did I think "it looks pants"

the fact that people not long ago bought the fanatec etc wheels for 300-400 quid now need to buy a new wheel to play fm5 is just IMO wrong but each to their own.. DLC is fine and dandy as far as it goes as long as it's new content.. for e.g. the porsche pack in fm4 was pee take.. the upcoming 'ring dlc on fm5 will be pee take and they know 90% of the gamers/sim racers will want those tracks and cars that's why they do it.. it went from "we care about players" to "lets get as much money as we can" which is the goal of any business but personally it just puts me off :(

Caporegime
So far the only tracks im loving is Spa, bernese alps and the Prague one, dont like the laguna seca one and the sebring one either. The others arent too bad but really could do with some more tracks.

As for the drivatars?? they are retarded when driving through the lines...ive noticed the ones in the first 3 tend to drive better around the corners but the rest of them are just plain idiots lol. I usually just undertake a whole load of them around the first corner, at Spa the eau corner is where i end up from 14th to 4th by just zipping by them and clipping the corners lol.

Also the other thing thats annoying me is that if im on a straight and i have a car beside me, even though ive got full power on, the other car just seems to zip right past me :/. So the AI is pretty screwed even noticed the other night whilst racing on the Indy oval track, i had a car behind me who was quite some distance away but within a second or 2, he was right up my rear:confused: and it wasnt like i was braking or slowing down.

Caporegime
Seems like the Forza team want to make more money from Forza 5 post-sale.

Of course they do, would be nice if they gave some dlc for free but i doubt it.

MarcLister said:
Surely Forza 6 is a few years away? FH2 is next in a year or so I reckon.

Probably but if they bring out Horizon2 then ill be happy with that as long as they dont skimp on cars and certain other aspects of the game ie making them dlc.

MarcLister said:
Can't wait for it. FH was an experiment for the Forza team; and it paid off. They'll surely release FH2 next, ahead of Forza 6. Wonder if they'll move the game from Colorado and will the in-game world be over a larger area.

For me it was a huge success, really enjoyed it when originally i wasnt so sure about it but having played and finishing it...i was definitely pleased and surprised at how good it was.

Soldato
That sounds like a load of fun, might have to try that :D

It took a while to work out.

Buy the car, 'auto upgrade' to B class, then on the far right of manual upgrade there was a part change to bump it into A class (606 rating or so).

Joined an A class lobby, and there you're able to use other peoples custom tunes (ofcourse you're able to now select the mini to race with as it's just inside of the A class rating), of which this particular one bumped it once more straight upto 699.

The stop speed is still poop though and it's easy to out powered on any straights, tracks with a lot of turns are much preferred :p

Back
Top Bottom