Forza 5 Announced

Soldato
complete newbie to this and i am having job just stopping the car from power sliding round corners all the time totaly unrealistic making the game unplayable any tips pls

It could be controller settings, assists, your driving style (flooring it mid corner), the build or tune on the car you are using. I find the car handling in cockpit view the best.

Try one of the tunes in the spreadsheet in my sig (v5's are the latest), they all drive great with no assists. If you have problems with those, that would rule out the car build & tunes.

It might be worth trying the advanced controller settings i use (in the spreadsheet). The default dead zones are pretty bad TBH.

See how you get on.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wondered why after I had downloaded the patch I had another E21 and LaFerrari gifted to me, along with that Halo Mustang. Shame I can't sell those two on yet :p

I only find that I break traction by driving like I stole it. Currently enjoying the full BMW range, as they can all be driven like that, yet forgive you for it :)

Associate
Finally got a xbox one and i've dropped the hints to my wife n kids for Forza 5 fro xmas so fingers crossed, in the meantime i'll keep smashing zombies on Dead Rising 3.

and for the record bumper view is the only view:D:D

Associate
It's a shame that they went to the trouble of getting a license for porsche for FM4. I was stupid enough to buy that expansion and not play it enough :( unyet in FM5 we only have a couple of RUF's again.

Soldato
Do you think they could implement some kind of AA in a patch at some point ?

Dont get me wrong the game looks good but it would look even better if they could make those jaggies go away a little more :)

Permabanned
Quick review of Forza 5....

Don't waste your cash!

I will do this in Pro's and Con's, believe me the cons far outweigh the pros.

A bit of background, I came from xbox 360 and forza 3. So much fun was had in this game. Been buying career type racers since the original gran turismo.

Pro's.

Graphics and sound are awesome.

Con's
where do I start?

Ai drivers don't drive like they would IRL. They can't take a corner without almost stopping, forcing you to hit them or simply barge them out of the way.

Handling - I am sure they introduced the 2nd chance feature (where you can rewind the game) because they messed up the handling. A 700hp Supra with TC off handles the exact same as a 230hp VW Corrado VR6 with TC off. TC on/off seems to make little difference at all. Either way both of them slide too easily so you correct it, and then the front of the car tries to hit the rear of your car. It just pendulums. I didn't want to use the rewind function but find the only way I can corner is literally stopping in the corner, turning, pointing the car straight and accelerating.

Currency : Or should I say lack of currency... you cannot sell cars or parts.
Probably the biggest downfall and the reason I liked Forza in the first place...you can't sell anything. Auction house is gone too. Instead the game spams you with tooltips that you can't skip telling you to use real life currency to buy things.

Loading times: epically slow. When you finish a race it counts your XP and credits, you can't skip this like you could in Forza3, and then it just sits there with the total on the screen for 7 seconds. Twice (per race and overall).

Then it moves onto the next race without allowing you to quit; you have to sit through the whole "leaving map" which lasts a minute and "loading next map" which lasts 5 minutes - just to quit.

Controller setup : Could not find this anywhere. Had to use google to find how; have to set it up after the first 5 races, which if like me you use triggers to change gear and not accelerate, mean your "gravatar" who goes out and races on your behalf, will always finish last as you were pressing the wrong buttons in the race.
Still not happy, I wanted to use A to accelerate and B to brake, I am dyspraxic so the button labels help - nada, closest I could have was A to accelerate and X to brake - cannot set custom controls. Ofcourse I could have what I desired if I used the bumper buttons to change gear instead of the triggers...I have huge hands and have trouble pressing these.

Honestly I am so disheartened I am thinking of selling my ONE and transfering the xbox live membership to a used 360, and Forza 3. This would save me about £350 after all is said and done. Horrible, Horrible game. A search indicates A LOT of people are unhappy with this game.

I think the currency issue is the worst feature. Obviously Microsoft getting greedy.

Also, during ONE setup it converted my own-hosted email accounts into Microsoft Email accounts...NOT what I wanted!

Soldato
I'm grateful this is my first ever Forza game, nothing to compare too, or any element of nostalgia determining my opinion on the game.

Loving forza at the moment :p

Back
Top Bottom