Forza 5 Announced

Associate
Personally I played all the forza games even horizon and I love this one! Only let down for me is lack of tracks.

Currency is fine they recently reduced prices on all cars by about 40% and not to mention they gave away 4million through forza rewards. The 5 minutes loading between races hmm no chance takes about a minute. Also the ai drivatars act competitive and actually challenge you, I would suggest changing the drivatar difficulty up form the default one.

Soldato
I suspect most of your problems with the handling comes from using the buttons as accelerate and brake, there's hardly enough range in the triggers for smoothly accelerating or braking in higher power cars I dread what it would be like using buttons.

Obviously no fault of your own if that's the only way you can play the game but using that as the basis to tell people not to buy the game is not right.

Soldato
I've played the entire Forza series except the original to a great degree, and to be honest I'm enjoying 5 more than the lot of them.

However you are entitled to your opinion and anyone who disagrees is of course entitled to theirs, but it does appear that you are creating a monumental flaw out of a game due to your own limitations. It would be akin to an individual with no hands, complaining that the game isn’t designed around them.

Soldato
If I rated Forza 5 on my own ability to play it well then I'd give it 1/10. But I don't do that.

Yes there are flaws, as every game ever written has, but overall the game is really good. I'm crap at driving games, in Forza 5 at the Rivals Challenge section, I can rarely beat the slowest racer (and I still enjoy it), but I can get round bends/corners without stopping.

When the game first got released some people complained that the crowd was 2d and not the 3d from early version screenshots/video. This tells me people bitch about insignificant things as I dare anyone to honestly say they notice this whilst racing on a track. If they do then they're going to be crashing every 5 seconds.

I'll never challenge the better drivers in Forza 5 but my enjoyment comes from just playing with the odd beating of the time of someone on my friends list. Hell I'm ****ing ecstatic if I can do a lap without getting an ! :)

Associate
Ok, just started playing Forza 5 and realise I really really suck at it.
Can anyone offer any advice on assists and any cars/upgrades I should look for?

Basically any advice appreciated, as driving games are certainly not my forte :)

Permabanned
This post generalises the game pretty well.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/6275153/6275153/ShowThread.aspx#6275153

Also, I booted my xbox this morning and all of my cars were removed, my tokens were set to 0, and I had 3000 credits and a free hyundai which I had to use just to get enough money to get into an EP3 and actually have a chance.

I have managed to fix the control issue, by changing the advanced setup to the limits in someones link on here, turning sim to off and turning the assists on (abs, TC off, STM on, brake assist off).

The currency is the main broken part on the game, it is extremely annoying especially with the game taking every opportunity NOT to pay out (for example, 15 gold titles in a race series = 0 bonus, and yet the cars you are required to buy for some of the series' being so expensive...65,000 credits for a base model 65 mini, are you having a laugh?

Soldato
I think the currency is a bit silly. 12,000 credits for winning any series at any level? The credits for winning a race is quite silly compared to the cost of some of the cars.

The biggest flaw in Forza 5 has to be tracks, as in lack of. Yes the quality of the tracks in Forza 5 is lovely but I think the game is missing out on Suzuka, Monza and perhaps one other track. Perhaps Melbourne's F1 track or the Turkish GP track. I can see that there'll likely be expensive DLC with more tracks but I think as a basic package, there aren't enough tracks in Forza 5.

Wouldn't mind seeing the old Adelaide F1 track in Forza 5 at some point. The old Nurburgring would be nice, not the nasty new F1 version, unless they put the older version of the new track with the chicane at the first corner and not the new section.

Associate

Thats got to be pre-patch as several values in there are just wrong.

I'm not having a problem, 8 hours in sitting around 4.2m credits; you can get millions gifted from Forza.net if you have played previous titles.

I agree about the lack of tracks though. GT6 has FM5 licked in terms of tracks, progression and AI. FM5 has the worst AI I have seen ever; the other drivers ram you like you are playing online in an SP game and they cannot take apexes at full speed meaning most races you run into the back of them.

All that said, I'm enjoying both still.

Soldato
Thats got to be pre-patch as several values in there are just wrong.

I'm not having a problem, 8 hours in sitting around 4.2m credits; you can get millions gifted from Forza.net if you have played previous titles.
It is. The driver level bonus is 70k credits now isn't it?

I agree about the lack of tracks though. GT6 has FM5 licked in terms of tracks, progression and AI. FM5 has the worst AI I have seen ever; the other drivers ram you like you are playing online in an SP game and they cannot take apexes at full speed meaning most races you run into the back of them.

All that said, I'm enjoying both still.
Haha, thought that was just me getting fed up with ramming the AI cars. :D No matter what car I drive, the AI cars can always push me more than I can push them. Oh and the strength of their brakes when I run into them.

But, like you say, I am enjoying Forza 5. Just need more tracks, asap!

Just logged into Forza Rewards and got another 1m credits. :)

Associate
It is. The driver level bonus is 70k credits now isn't it?

Haha, thought that was just me getting fed up with ramming the AI cars. :D No matter what car I drive, the AI cars can always push me more than I can push them. Oh and the strength of their brakes when I run into them.

But, like you say, I am enjoying Forza 5. Just need more tracks, asap!

Just logged into Forza Rewards and got another 1m credits. :)

I get 35k credits for a driver level. Are you sure about 70k? Perhaps I'm missing a patch.

Personally don't have a big problem with the currency. I only have 3 cars currently but am getting my money's worth out of them before buying new.
I really like the game. Just changed steering to sim, which has made things a little more interesting.

Will check out Forza rewards didn't know about that.

Associate
I get 35k credits for a driver level. Are you sure about 70k? Perhaps I'm missing a patch.

Personally don't have a big problem with the currency. I only have 3 cars currently but am getting my money's worth out of them before buying new.
I really like the game. Just changed steering to sim, which has made things a little more interesting.

I get 70k credits per level as well but that is double the standard 35k credits per level due to me having bought the VIP pack which gives double credits.

Soldato
It is quite amusing to keep getting rewards for Forza 4 despite not having played it since Forza 5 came out. :D

I get 70k credits per level as well but that is double the standard 35k credits per level due to me having bought the VIP pack which gives double credits.
Oh, I also have the VIP pack. Didn't realise that affected the level credits. :o

Associate
Oh, I also have the VIP pack. Didn't realise that affected the level credits. :o

Ah right that explains it, thanks.
So what else do you get as VIPs?

Got 360k in rewards. Not too shabby but far off the millions I've heard people mention.
I got 30k for Forza Horizon, which I have never played :D

Soldato
Is anyone finding any good competition in the hoppers? It was way better in FM4 even in the hoppers, let alone the proper custom lobbies with the better racers in.

I've been mainly racing B & A class and occasionally find someone to race against, other than that its just hot lapping + avoiding back markers that try to crash the leaders as they get lapped.

I've got the achievement for leading online races for 500 miles, but haven't yet got the one for 110 medals. Maybe i'll get the lead for 1000 miles, before the 200 medals achievement too.

The Tier 6 1.5 million was another nice reward :D

Soldato
Ah right that explains it, thanks.
So what else do you get as VIPs?

Got 360k in rewards. Not too shabby but far off the millions I've heard people mention.
I got 30k for Forza Horizon, which I have never played :D
A few exclusive cars, as seen on the front of the special cover. I'm sure there's a few other things as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom