• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Forza Horizon 4 Bench Thread

Man of Honour
No score from me but just popped in to say I think FH4 is a great example of what technical PC game design should aspire to:
-Built in benchmarking
-Detailed outputs that highlight where you bottleneck lies (gpu/cpu)
-Lots of configuration options
-Guidelines against configuration options to indicate if it's likely to impact cpu, gpu, vram, ram etc
-Play anywhere so can play same game save seamlessly on XBOne (not that I want to that often but my son does sometimes).

We should congratulate developers on this sort of thing so they don't think it's a waste of time and not bother.

Plus of course the fact it runs really good on midrange hardware, is a good game with a lot of depth, good graphics of course :)

Caporegime
No score from me but just popped in to say I think FH4 is a great example of what technical PC game design should aspire to:
-Built in benchmarking
-Detailed outputs that highlight where you bottleneck lies (gpu/cpu)
-Lots of configuration options
-Guidelines against configuration options to indicate if it's likely to impact cpu, gpu, vram, ram etc
-Play anywhere so can play same game save seamlessly on XBOne (not that I want to that often but my son does sometimes).

We should congratulate developers on this sort of thing so they don't think it's a waste of time and not bother.

Plus of course the fact it runs really good on midrange hardware, is a good game with a lot of depth, good graphics of course :)
Yes, it's perfectly optimised the developers should be applauded. Looks great too.

Associate
Ah, I disagree. The dynamic weather adds some really nice looking effects IMO.

Gameplay is okay, but the graphics are decent and I like the way the car gets dirty as the weather can change.
Dirt 5 | 6900 XT | 4K Max Settings + Ray Tracing - YouTube

no no no, thats horrid LtMatt. :eek:

Looks like that car is floating on the surface. :cry::cry::cry:

Looks like a badly ported 2008 console game with a bit of dirt effect thrown in for good measure.

Seriously bro :p

Caporegime
no no no, thats horrid LtMatt. :eek:

Looks like that car is floating on the surface. :cry::cry::cry:

Looks like a badly ported 2008 console game with a bit of dirt effect thrown in for good measure.

Seriously bro :p

Subjective i guess. Playing a bit of Forza and Dirt 5 atm and think they both look good graphically, but Dirt 5 definitely has the better looking weather and environments by far.

Back
Top Bottom