Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Permabanned
Just jumped in the GT3, loving it, each grade is enjoyavble to race, pottering around in the mini or blasting around in the GT3, Turn 10 have done it again a real driving simulator.

Soldato
will be downloading this the second I get home from work (providing the servers haven't melted from demand)

Associate
My thoughts so far.

Graphics: There's no doubt about it, this is a huge step up from FM2, car models in particular are fantastic. Having said that, T10 just don't seem to be able to nail that photorealistic colour palette that PD does in the GT series, everything still looks a bit over-saturated. Overall though it's a gorgeous game, and the cockpit view (which I will always use) is superb, the driver's position and FOV are just perfect, the only criticism of the cockpit view I would have is it could do with a little more movement, it's a bit static.

I don't think the jaggies are that bad at all, in fact there are a lot less jaggies than the first game. I'd actually say it's one of the crispest looking 360 games yet (I'm playing on a 50" Samsung DLP @ 720p).

Sound: Again, fantastic. Engines sound natural, meaty and correct.

Physics: Here's what it's all about, and I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint. After the mess that was Shift this feels utterly sublime. Cars feel more solid and weighty than in FM2, and you get great feedback from the car, you can really sense weight shifting and it all feels so 'right'. I'm only using a pad and the controls are great, just the right amount of sensitivity and response, and you can put the car where you want and be lovely and smooth. What impressed me most was the MINI, it felt and behaved EXACTLY right, it's an absolute hoot to play with lift-off oversteer just like in a real FWD car. I'd honestly say this is approaching PC sims in terms of physics.

All in all this is just what the doctor ordered after the disappointing NFS:Shift, it's everything I was expecting and hoping for :cool:

Good post. Downloading it now.

Soldato
The ABS is still like Forza 2 though. Turn it off and a small braking input locks the wheels. Maybe a wheel with its longer brake travel will be better (i'm using a pad).
:( This is unfortunate. There should be a different setting for this when you're using a gamepad. You should be able to mash the brakes as hard as possible, then ease off them as the speed/aero reduces.

Other than that, all sounds good. The demo is downloading now, ready for when I get home :D

Associate
Been playing it for about an hour and now i can't wait for the full game!

Its a lot of fun it must be said, the graphics are a big step up, the racing is still fun but i don't know if its just the demo or what but i'm finding it quite easy even on hard with the assists off, forza 2 felt considerably harder.
As for the ABS you've just got to learn the point where the wheels lock up, its about 3/4 the way down however you can mash it down all the way if going fast enough and ease it off.

Soldato
Been playing it for about an hour and now i can't wait for the full game!

Its a lot of fun it must be said, the graphics are a big step up, the racing is still fun but i don't know if its just the demo or what but i'm finding it quite easy even on hard with the assists off, forza 2 felt considerably harder.
As for the ABS you've just got to learn the point where the wheels lock up, its about 3/4 the way down however you can mash it down all the way if going fast enough and ease it off.

What is your gamertag?

I'd be interested in what times you're getting as i am finding the AI quite fast at the moment.

Only had a few goes so far though.

Associate
the demo's great, only down side is the size (ie: number of cars, 2 lap's and no time trial mode) the graphics are at least 10x better than forza 2 and look awesome on my tosh 46" the sounds are way better than before with the broken gearbox sound being one of my favourites, almost make's me feel sorry for the car and sounds like it's going to blow any min

can't comment on how well it works with a wheel as i broke mine yesterday :( (peddle cable) but hopefully won't be long till my replacement turn's up but it's fine with a pad for now, crash's are wicked fun as well :p

really looking forward to the real thing but the demo give's you a nice look forward to what's coming, great work turn 10

Associate
What is your gamertag?

I'd be interested in what times you're getting as i am finding the AI quite fast at the moment.

Only had a few goes so far though.

Sent you a friends request.

I just did a 1:14 in the Evo (second lap) try using manual it makes quite a difference. Don't know if that lap will be recorded i scraped the Pork near the end.

Soldato
I have really enjoyed the few races I have played, I absolutely hated Shift so I'm glad that I have something to get stuck into whilst I wait the eternity for GT5

n3x

n3x

Associate
Just had a quick go, the handling seems abit to easy to control to me... maybe its just because i've been playing shift too much.

Considering buying the microsoft wheel for this seeing as my G25 wont work, is it decent enough? Only alternative i have seen (fanatec) is crazy money!

Back
Top Bottom