Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
Loving the demo on the few races I have done. Feels totally different to DiRT so was a little weird when I first played it (although that is to be expected)

Anyone think it takes a little bit too long to load?

Soldato
Contradicting posts in this thread, I got a 48 hour Gold trial with ODST. Can I use that to download the demo?

Well you'd think it would, but no.

I used my only trial code it have, and while it says "gold trial" on the card, what it actually gave me, was gameplay priveliges. My membership level now says "Xbox live gameplay" and "Xbox live silver". I'm annoyed because I was saving that card for such a time as this, only to find it's no use. The small print on the back of the card confirms it.

I'm going to get around it by taking my HDD to my brothers, signing into his gold account (which will be put onto an MU if it isn't on one already) and downloading it there. I've done this with previous demos, and there were no problems.

Man of Honour
Oh my god this game is good

Will definitely be purchasing this one!

Cars feel so nice to drive, graphics are stunning and the noise is amazing! 10/10 so far for me

Soldato
Feels great, cars are spot on which is a massive relief after playing the crock that is Shift.

Slightly underwhelmed by the graphics though, but they will still do nicely :)

Soldato
First (quick) impressions are not great with me.

Sensation of speed (cockpit view) is just not there. Speedo says I'm doing 90+ MPH, feels more like 30.

Graphics are a let down as well for me. Doesn't seem to improve much on FM2 at all.

Soldato
First (quick) impressions are not great with me.

Sensation of speed (cockpit view) is just not there. Speedo says I'm doing 90+ MPH, feels more like 30.

Graphics are a let down as well for me. Doesn't seem to improve much on FM2 at all.

Its hard to portray a sense of speed when dealing with a sim. There is no faking it.

I think you should put the crack pipe down concerning your second point.

Soldato
Graphics are miles better than FM2. Just had my first race in an Evo and finished last. Would be nice if the loading screen mentioned the BRAKE buttons! Great feel to the car, and I agree about in-car feeling stiff.

Soldato
I tried plugging in my MS Wheel quickly, not got a proper stand atm, so had it on my lap and the force feedback just felt ridiculous, it was way OTT and since you can't tweak it on the demo I just went back to the pad for now.

I suggest you actually go and play Forza 2 now and then see how silly that statement is.

Associate
Been playing a lot of Forza 2 and the improvements in graphics seem pretty hard to miss. Not exactly a night & day difference but a considerable improvement in car detail, track detail and lighting.

Soldato
I've seen a few people caim the graphics have not improved.. I just said to a mate on Live that i'm starting to believe that Blind dogs are far more clever than i expected.

Soldato
My thoughts so far.

Graphics: There's no doubt about it, this is a huge step up from FM2, car models in particular are fantastic. Having said that, T10 just don't seem to be able to nail that photorealistic colour palette that PD does in the GT series, everything still looks a bit over-saturated. Overall though it's a gorgeous game, and the cockpit view (which I will always use) is superb, the driver's position and FOV are just perfect, the only criticism of the cockpit view I would have is it could do with a little more movement, it's a bit static.

I don't think the jaggies are that bad at all, in fact there are a lot less jaggies than the first game. I'd actually say it's one of the crispest looking 360 games yet (I'm playing on a 50" Samsung DLP @ 720p).

Sound: Again, fantastic. Engines sound natural, meaty and correct.

Physics: Here's what it's all about, and I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint. After the mess that was Shift this feels utterly sublime. Cars feel more solid and weighty than in FM2, and you get great feedback from the car, you can really sense weight shifting and it all feels so 'right'. I'm only using a pad and the controls are great, just the right amount of sensitivity and response, and you can put the car where you want and be lovely and smooth. What impressed me most was the MINI, it felt and behaved EXACTLY right, it's an absolute hoot to play with lift-off oversteer just like in a real FWD car. I'd honestly say this is approaching PC sims in terms of physics.

All in all this is just what the doctor ordered after the disappointing NFS:Shift, it's everything I was expecting and hoping for :cool:

Completely agree with this.

The weight feels like the biggest change - the Ferrari is like driving a heavily loaded Transit.

GT5 delayed - Meh. I can wait if FM3 is this good.

NFS Shift can off.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
One thing this is missing is an echo/reverb of the cars buzzing round the track. In the replays it's better and you do hear some great engine sounds. Obviously very improved.

Listen out for the AMG Blacks Darth Vader impression when racing in the R8.
Listen out for the Porsche backfiring. I can make it do it when revving stationary but only very rarely it seems.
Listen out for the BMW when racing the Porsche, sounds monsterous (follow it in the replay).

Here's a canny overtake I did in the Cali:

HD is processing but won't be that much better as I used a compact camera to film it.

Back
Top Bottom