Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
Bought a new TV yesterday, swapping me 720p 32" Sharp for 43" 4k LG, thought it would only be right to test out Forza and erm.. it was horrendous! It looks like it's running at 15-20 fps for some reason. Had a quick look through settings, Xbox is set up fine and isn't jumpy on F1 nor CoD, set to 4k resolution and TV is on 'Game' mode, so what gives?

Would changing HDMI ports make a difference? Currently Xbox One is HDMI 1 (obv reasons) and PC HDMI 2

Soldato
Forza does not run very smooth on my S at 1080p either. The game play is alright, but it does like to be jumpy on the menus.
Ive not noticed it on the menus but it’s in races mainly. It’s probably 30fps or so but it looks horrible. So much so I’ve booted it up three times since I bought the new tv, and turned it off before the end of the first lap :(

Caporegime
OP
Forza does not run very smooth on my S at 1080p either. The game play is alright, but it does like to be jumpy on the menus.

Then you have an issue.

It ran great on my Xbox One.

Bought a new TV yesterday, swapping me 720p 32" Sharp for 43" 4k LG, thought it would only be right to test out Forza and erm.. it was horrendous! It looks like it's running at 15-20 fps for some reason. Had a quick look through settings, Xbox is set up fine and isn't jumpy on F1 nor CoD, set to 4k resolution and TV is on 'Game' mode, so what gives?

Would changing HDMI ports make a difference? Currently Xbox One is HDMI 1 (obv reasons) and PC HDMI 2

What TV? Have you set up the options for it to work properly at 4K/HDR on the HDMI port?

Permabanned
O1mBb.png

Soldato
Picked this up for around 20 quid! Couldn't believe how much it's dropped in price - result :D

One thing that appears to be very evident though, is the huge push to get you into the 'lootbox' ecosystem - through the first/second series the annoying announcer keeps saying things like "maybe give this boost a try..."; I tried the free ones from winning the series, but they now expire after X uses, making you either buy more, or wait for a new batch!

The biggest thing I have noticed, is how expensive the cars are! I love to buy random cars in Forza games, tweak and tune them, and drive my favorite tracks - but a Skyline that cost 60K in Forza 6 is now 200+K in Forza 7!

Associate
Biggest tip for creating money, buy loot creates and make sure you complete them every race.

I make over 10mil in 4 weeks.

Soldato
Picked this up for around 20 quid! Couldn't believe how much it's dropped in price - result :D

One thing that appears to be very evident though, is the huge push to get you into the 'lootbox' ecosystem - through the first/second series the annoying announcer keeps saying things like "maybe give this boost a try..."; I tried the free ones from winning the series, but they now expire after X uses, making you either buy more, or wait for a new batch!

The biggest thing I have noticed, is how expensive the cars are! I love to buy random cars in Forza games, tweak and tune them, and drive my favorite tracks - but a Skyline that cost 60K in Forza 6 is now 200+K in Forza 7!
:confused: Own every single car you can have, loads of unused mods, twenty million plus in the bank. Not spent a penny of my own money since release.

Permabanned

I got over 800 million I can help you out if you put an expensive car on the AH.

Soldato
I'm buying every car when I level up to try and own as many cars as i can. Unlocked the final Forza Cup last night and I'm only sitting on 2 million or so i think....:(

Also, has anyone else signed up for the Forza 7 tournament thing..? I've signed up sort of for a laugh, but also kind of to see where I am. Coming towards the end of career and have been playing on unbeatable (100%) for a significant portion of career although I haven't done many races online. The races I do manage to stay out of trouble in i generally finish in the top 2/3 although I expect a significant step up for this tournament.

Last edited:
Associate
Y
For those that've played this on both a normal Xbox One and the One X. Are the loading times any better on the X?

Started playing it again last night and the loading times for each race are irritating on my original One

Yes, about 20 seconds faster.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting this but worried about the whole loot box thing. I'll be coming from Forza 4 which to me is near perfect! How much do loot boxes effect your progression? Can you buy any car you want and tune/upgrade with any parts right from the get go?

Does it still have the "event list" mode which skips careers and seasons stuff which I am not interested it?

Soldato
You can as long as you have sufficient money.

Loot boxes are mainly special liveries of cars or cards you can use to earn extra credits.

Not sure about the event list as i've not put many hours on mine.

There is a nice digital code in the MM by yours truly if you wanted to chance it :p

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting this but worried about the whole loot box thing. I'll be coming from Forza 4 which to me is near perfect! How much do loot boxes effect your progression? Can you buy any car you want and tune/upgrade with any parts right from the get go?

Does it still have the "event list" mode which skips careers and seasons stuff which I am not interested it?

Loot boxes are being removed from the game next month. The last update made all cars that were in the loot boxes available to buy as normal.

Yesterday's update news article advises people to open bought lootboxes before the Nov update when they will be gone from the game.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_october_update

There isn't an events list, just championships, but you can choose which you want to do in the currently available selection.

T10 have added proper drag racing with a tree, they should be adding proper race regulations online in the next couple of patches. I'm looking forward to that one.

Soldato
Thanks that is useful info to know! I didn't know T10 were still supporting the game. Is there any news of Forza 8? I assume they're turning the loot boxes off as the game winds down.

There was a lot of backlash for the lootbox system and locked cars on release, along with the VIP system (which they changed back to normal after backlash early on) it looks like T10 are actually listening to feedback. Proper drag racing and online race regulations have been requested for years now.

I've not heard anything about FM8 yet, but FM7 is still being re-worked (majorly from the dev streams), so we probably wont hear anything until next summer.

Soldato
Thanks that is useful info to know! I didn't know T10 were still supporting the game. Is there any news of Forza 8? I assume they're turning the loot boxes off as the game winds down.

Yeah the loot boxes are being removed it even says so in the game. FM8 is being held off a year so won’t release until 2020 so I speculate it will be a next gen Xbox launch title so turn 10 are supporting 7 for longer than they normally would.

Soldato
Turned my Xbone on at the weekend, to have another go on this - ~3GB system update, then a FM7 update later, and I was back playing this.

I don't recall if it was so bad before the update, but the [horrible] menus seemed to be lagging everywhere - and some drag mode in Dubai seemed to be forced down my throat; I then got stuck in in old man mode, and couldn't fathom how to bring up a normal track for a bit of free play! One reddit later and I was back on tracks, but found the it sat on 'loading track' for ages.

I don't know what it is about FM7, I guess it's the awful menus, but I personally feel that FM6 was simply miles better.

Back
Top Bottom