Forza XBOX 360 A GT Beater?

Associate
I think what sets GT apart is the licensing tests you go through. I can't recall another driving game like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Memphis said:
To anyone with a 360 and the original Forza - Has the performance been improved at all recently? I only fired the game up once and was so appauled at the frame rate on the 360 I haven't brought myself to try it again.

(Though I must admit I'm just being picky wanting to play it in HD resolution as I still have my original Xbox to play it on!)

the 1st time i played forza on the 360 it was really slow (unplayable) i gave up and turned it off - i loaded it up a couple of days later & its exactly the same as it was on the xbox :)

not sure if i just needed to restart the console after the 1st update or me changing to the advanced scart cable made any different :confused:

only problem is all my cars are on my xbox & you have to start at the beginning again - just sorting a couple of b1 cars to race with my car club (PG29)

Soldato
I really liked the way you could modify the cars in the original Forza but because of the race classifications it felt like you did up a car used it in 4 races, buy a new one and never use it again :(

Soldato
I was never into Forza on the xbox. To me, it was just too boring. The cars were great, and so was the way you could tweak them. It was the tracks that totally killed it for me. They were all so dull.

Hopefully, this won't be the case with the sequel. I'll wait and see.

Permabanned
Bigpops said:
I was never into Forza on the xbox. To me, it was just too boring.

I was the same - I actually played through a fair bit of it, got to maybe 40% finished in career mode but whether I actually 'enjoyed' it at any point is debatable. There was no real sense of occasion or sense of achievement in progressing.

I think the sequel needs 60fps (which it has, good news) to give a better sense of speed and realism. Also the car reflections being full speed and not 15fps as in Forza will be nice too. Forza's menu system was a bit muddled too and could do with improvement.

It particularly needs more tracks and better replays (Gran Turismo is superior here).

Anyway I am excited about the game, I feel confident it will probably be a killer app for the 360.

Associate
If you google, you'll find that there's a great video floating about that has Forza & GT driving round the same track simultaneouslt, and the difference is very very noticeable - forza being a damn site nicer to look at.

Permabanned
t@xman said:
If you google, you'll find that there's a great video floating about that has Forza & GT driving round the same track simultaneouslt, and the difference is very very noticeable - forza being a damn site nicer to look at.

Comparing them on two 30fps videos, absolutely. Comparing them on their native platforms, debatable. Forza is more detailed, GT is more fluid and smooth and arguably looks more like real life when it's moving.

Associate
I can't wait, Forza was my fave driving game before PGR3. I much prefer the simulation style. It was actually pretty damn hard to keep the car on the road at all, and very satisfying when you got it right.

Associate
hi.
FrankJH all the games now are £39.99 with table tennis £24.99.
shop at the supermarkets ie tesco,morrisons etc.
i have never paid £49.99 for a game.
go to tesco and add it to your wifes shopping she may not notice.
cheers ian.

Caporegime
ian flowers said:
hi.
FrankJH all the games now are £39.99 with table tennis £24.99.
shop at the supermarkets ie tesco,morrisons etc.
i have never paid £49.99 for a game.
go to tesco and add it to your wifes shopping she may not notice.
cheers ian.
It's true, women feel like planks if they reach the checkout and see something they weren't buying. They'll pay for it anyway so they don't face the embarassment of taking it back.

Back
Top Bottom