Foxconn Socket 939 mobo

Associate
I have an opportunity to get a Foxconn Socket 939 AMD ATX PCI-Express Mainboard for £45. I currently have a MSI Neo-Platinum 754 with an AMD 64 3200+ is this a good quality mobo to replace? or better to stick until get a better quality mobo?

cheers

Soldato
I'd get a mobo that'd allow you to overclock at least a little. What Foxconn model is it?
If you have an AGP card, look into the AsRock Dual SATA, it can take an AGP card or PCI-E and is a capable overclocker.
If you want better overclocking capability look into getting a DFI Lanparty. For a bit less you could get a DFI RS482 Infinity which is a great clocking board, or for even less, a Biostar TForce 939 which is nice and cheap.

If you're not at all interested in overclocking, and the features that the Foxconn offers are ok for your needs, then it should be fine. Foxconn are one of the world's biggest manufacturers.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Would'nt the 3200+ not fit that board though as he has a socket 754. :confused:

Hmm yeah. I kinda assumed he was getting a new CPU too. How about we ask him?

akien86 - you have a socket 754 CPU, the Foxconn board you mention is socket 939. The 2 are not compatible. Are you getting a new 939 CPU too?

Back
Top Bottom