Fractal Design new Setup Questions & Dilemma

Associate
Hi Guys,

I got referred that this is the best place to ask a specific question about cooling. And here i am =)

I am finishing my new setup for gaming / overclocking as below and I got a couple of questions that I had trouble answering;

Setup:

• i9-10900K
  • 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 3600
  • Asus RTX 3080 TUF OC(if i can =) )
  • Asus Z490-E,
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2
  • 970 Evo Plus 1TB SSD
  • Corsair 1000W Enthousiast

Questions;
  • For Cooling the CPU, I am between Corsair iHue H150i Pro XT and Kraken X73. I would spend a lot effort to get the Kraken one since its not sold in my country but if its better then I will go for it. Which one do you recommend?
  • I also Purchased 3X Corsair 120MLs and I am struggling with fan places.
    • I am thinking of putting;
      • 3X120MLs as intake in front
      • AIO Cooler with 3 Fans above as exhaust
      • 1X140 fan coming with the case below as intake
      • 1X140 fan coming with the case rear as exhaust
  • Should I go like this or swap AIO to front as intake and 3X120MLs as top exhaust?
  • Should I plug the AIO cable to CPU fan header or AIO header?
  • Should I plug the fan cables to 7 fan headers found on the motherboard or use the case fan hub which is 3pins as input.

Thank you guys in advance for the answers

Associate
I have a similar set up (except I have the 9900k) and same case. Normally I would prefer the radiator to be at the top exhausting warm air but for some reason I could not get a good fit with the Motherboard getting in the way so its at the front, with 3 x 140mm fans at the top blowing in air. 1 fan at bottom blowing in air and the back I've turned it around so it blows air across. Doesn't seem to make a big difference to temperatures if I'm honest. I have mine plugged into the cpu fan header. I don't think it matters to much where you plug fan headers. I have mine plugged into the motherboard so I can use AI suite to control them. I'm no expert mind you!

Back
Top Bottom