1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fractal Design R3

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by x51m017x, 3 Oct 2010.

1. ukgeezer1

Gangster

Got my Titanium yesterday from a competitor, most would never have heard of, they seem low key but only ones I could find with stock.

2. GeForce

Mobster

Waiting for more stock to appear of these! Anyone got any information on when OcUK are expecting them in?

3. jimmy321

Hitman

Got the XL elsewhere today.

4. Evil^

Hitman

Last edited: 28 Nov 2010
  5. EniGmA1981

Mobster

Looks good :) only recomendation would be turn the HDDs around and hide the plugs :)

6. Evil^

Hitman

I actually did, the first time I elasticated them but they would slip down the back when I moved the case into its place then when I pulled them n straighten them the power cable came out so I had to take the other side off which is murder!

7. waynio

Wise Guy

Are those Enermax UCTB12 T.B. fans Evil^, if so are they really as quiet as stated, got 11 of them coming :D & an 80mm version & the 140mm version to replace my enermax galaxy psu fans.

Nice job on the suspended HDD's too :cool:.

8. Evil^

Hitman

They are mate, after you said you'd get them I got took in by the 11db bit lol, they are really really quiet imo and they seem to do a decent job tbh, they replaced two noctuas I had to put in here aswell :)

I tried a different method on the hdds (one that was used in the g dubs project the carboot one) but with the limited space as both drive ways were filled it didn't go so good... as soon as I powered it on the vibration from the hdd cage slot things was driving me crazy :(

9. GeForce

Mobster

Anyone heard from OcUK with regards to stock of these? Has been "overdue" for a few days now...

10. DiCe!

Soldato

Do like the look of this case, esp the noise dapening, hope to hear from some OCUKers on it soon :D

11. Superted854

Gangster

Does anyone know if a Noctua NH-D14 will fit ok in the R3?

Got a Corsair H50 in it at the moment but can't use one of the top fans on the case as the rad is getting in the way!

12. Mike45450

Gangster

My one and only complaint about this case is 2x5.25" bays vs. 8 HDD bays. Come on now, what ordinary PC user would use 8 hard drives?

13. gee3000

Wise Guy

This case is designed more for a media pc/home server pc, hence the sound dampening and extra storage bays. But I do admit 1 or 2 hard drive bays could have be compromised for an extra 5.25" bay to make things a bit more balanced.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2010
  14. LordAzathoth

Gangster

yes that is why I'm not getting one, I have checked the XL and the cooling is rubbish/ worse. I want to OC as well so bad choice. going for NZXT phantom. really different

15. Gribs

Wise Guy

I've got 4 in mine at the moment and will probably add another soon. It would be more but I moved one to my parents machine. As for more 5.25" bays what's the point? Ehough room for a DVD/BD and a fan controller, what more would you want considering the isn't really enough room for a watercooling setup.

16. tjm21

Associate

I am currently running 5 x 2TB harddrives and need a couple more for back-up, I prefer more HD bays than 5.25 bays

17. Evil^

Hitman

Seems there support is quite good, sending me a replacement panel :)

18. GeForce

Mobster

Got mine and did a build yesterday. Really impressed with this case, so quiet and a fantastically easy build.

:)

19. DiCe!

Soldato

Case keeps impressing me, looks so nice, and the build quality from what i hear is great!

20. Evil^

Hitman

There support isn't too great but not too bad either, Had a conversation about the damaged side panel for about 2 days before he realised what exactly was wrong then in the last e-mail highlighted the second was damaged aswell, got up bright and early and they've sent me two replacements :)

Though why the hell it turned up like this ill never know... :D
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Dec 2010