Free Office Suite For Win 10

Soldato
Have tried a few on Win 10 (WPS, LibreOffice and Open Office, but each time I open existing Word docs (created in Microsoft Office), the Word doc is unreadable with a few strange characters at the top and then many pages of more strange characters...

Whats the problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks...

Soldato
Have tried a few on Win 10 (WPS, LibreOffice and Open Office, but each time I open existing Word docs (created in Microsoft Office), the Word doc is unreadable with a few strange characters at the top and then many pages of more strange characters...

Whats the problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks...

The problem is that Windows lacks a few fonts that Microsoft Office does bring. Like Arial Unicode. So any Word docs using those fonts will display as strange characters on a Windows system without Microsoft Office (which brings the additional fonts).

A solution is to search for and download and install such fonts on your Windows. Then LibreOffice (which I use) works no problem.

If you can't find them, just ask someone who does have them to send you them through Skype or something. Very easy to install, right-click and install. Win 10 does the rest.

Soldato
OP
The problem is that Windows lacks a few fonts that Microsoft Office does bring. Like Arial Unicode. So any Word docs using those fonts will display as strange characters on a Windows system without Microsoft Office (which brings the additional fonts).

A solution is to search for and download and install such fonts on your Windows. Then LibreOffice (which I use) works no problem.

If you can't find them, just ask someone who does have them to send you them through Skype or something. Very easy to install, right-click and install. Win 10 does the rest.

Thanks Danny...

Man of Honour
You can buy a code on ebay for about £25 for office 365, 1pc, 1 tablet, 1 pc it's well worth it for the small cost. Used to use open office and although I don't use it that often still find Ms office so much better.

Back
Top Bottom