Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
Unbelievable.

So I'm sure many of you will benefit from the change of courier AND loyalty discount for loyal members... but not I, oooh no. I just phoned OcUK and had this confirmed. Not only do I now have to pay more for delivery now, thanks to DHL, but I do not get a discount of any kind despite meeting the "Loyal Forum Members" criteria.

No other website has ever charged me £13.49 for a few bits. I am both astonished and disappointed. While I appreciate that I may be in the minority I am still a loyal customer and have spent a fair amount of money here at OcUK. I may live on the Isle of Wight but shipping is classed as UK Mainland by every other company I have dealt with, not off-shore and therefore this kind of delivery charge is ridiculous.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
You do not have to pay £13.49 "for a few bits". We have Royal Mail 1st class, 2nd class and Special Delivery for small orders.

Every courier has it's good and bad points but it's the overall standard of service to the 1000's of customers we ship to every week that counts and that is my main concern.

Soldato
You do not have to pay £13.49 "for a few bits". We have Royal Mail 1st class, 2nd class and Special Delivery for small orders.

Every courier has it's good and bad points but it's the overall standard of service to the 1000's of customers we ship to every week that counts and that is my main concern.

Not meaning to stick my oar in but surely you could esily give our more distant bretheren the same amount off there shipping as the equivalent on shore order would attract without it effecting your bottom line anymore than if they were a normal everyday on shore shopper?

Soldato
Not meaning to stick my oar in but surely you could esily give our more distant bretheren the same amount off there shipping as the equivalent on shore order would attract without it effecting your bottom line anymore than if they were a normal everyday on shore shopper?
In all fairness not all 'on shore' customers are getting the free delivery either. It's a bit of a shame I agree (I fall within the 'Highlands and Islands' area so the recent change means I won't get this offer either) but I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere.

Associate

My small order would have consisted of:

1x Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB (This Week Only)
1x Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo (This Week Only)

The only two delivery options available:

DHL @ Home Offshore Islands (Delivered Mon-Fri) £13.49

RMSD £25

I have ordered much more than this in the past (quantity and cost wise) and yet NEVER been charged as much as £13.49, which is the least expensive option available. I have been a loyal OcUK customer for many years and although I do understand that from a business perspective you have to please the masses, not the minority, I feel more could be done. Why not introduce a fee reduction? I'm not asking for free delivery but something at least.

Sorry if this isn't really the place for this discussion, the last thing I want is to rock the boat so-to-speak, I just feel I have a valid point.

Soldato
It does seem a bit of a shame that those of us that live elsewhere are totally exluded from this deal. Obviously we don't expect free shipping as it will cost ocuk more, and that just isn't fair to ocuk or the rest of the regular forum members. However some sort of discount, as was previously the case would be nice for those of us that have been loyal longtime forum members and ocuk customers.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
My small order would have consisted of:

1x Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB (This Week Only)
1x Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo (This Week Only)

The only two delivery options available:

DHL @ Home Offshore Islands (Delivered Mon-Fri) £13.49

RMSD £25
That means your parcel weighs over 2KG which means DHL is the cheapest option. Sadly they charge us a lot more for the IOW. I guess there will always be winners and losers with any change in courier.

As for OcUK doing more we are financing out of our own pocket this week the 2.5% VAT reduction when it looks like some companies may not even bother to pass on the saving next week.

Associate
That means your parcel weighs over 2KG which means DHL is the cheapest option. Sadly they charge us a lot more for the IOW. I guess there will always be winners and losers with any change in courier.

As for OcUK doing more we are financing out of our own pocket this week the 2.5% VAT reduction when it looks like some companies may not even bother to pass on the saving next week.

Fair enough :) Thanks for discussing it with me anyway.

Caporegime
It does seem a bit of a shame that those of us that live elsewhere are totally exluded from this deal. Obviously we don't expect free shipping as it will cost ocuk more, and that just isn't fair to ocuk or the rest of the regular forum members. However some sort of discount, as was previously the case would be nice for those of us that have been loyal longtime forum members and ocuk customers.

The problem is, it's physically costing the company more money to post to Ireland etc due to being with DHL now.

If they where to give you discount, they would probably be giving you the postage for free practically due to the increased cost of using the DHL services.....but then it's actually costing THEM money to post the item to you....more so than it would to the UK mainland presumably.

Associate
Unbelievable.

So I'm sure many of you will benefit from the change of courier AND loyalty discount for loyal members... but not I, oooh no. I just phoned OcUK and had this confirmed. Not only do I now have to pay more for delivery now, thanks to DHL, but I do not get a discount of any kind despite meeting the "Loyal Forum Members" criteria.

No other website has ever charged me £13.49 for a few bits. I am both astonished and disappointed. While I appreciate that I may be in the minority I am still a loyal customer and have spent a fair amount of money here at OcUK. I may live on the Isle of Wight but shipping is classed as UK Mainland by every other company I have dealt with, not off-shore and therefore this kind of delivery charge is ridiculous.

The charges aint OcUK's fault, i'd whinge at DHL. You lives on an island you pays the price. If you move to the mainland you'll be sorted :p

Your paying a premium cos your delivery has to cross water and the boat folk don't like doing anything for nowt - where as the only time mine crosses water is over a bridge so DHL don't have to pay mr boatman :D

I was over the moon when i got my mobo, quad cpu etc today and saved about £24 shipping

Soldato
The problem is, it's physically costing the company more money to post to Ireland etc due to being with DHL now.

If they where to give you discount, they would probably be giving you the postage for free practically due to the increased cost of using the DHL services.....but then it's actually costing THEM money to post the item to you....more so than it would to the UK mainland presumably.

I think I see what your saying, but again I'm not saying that Ocuk need to lose out, nor do I want to get a 'better' deal then guys back in the UK. I was saying that it would be great if we could just get a little discount off what the full price is. For example if sending a package to somewhere in the UK costs say £5 to Ocuk but a member in the UK gets this free, then it would be nice to get this £5 reduction to what the postage is to Ireland or the Highlands etc. We the customer would have course pay whatever the difference is.

Not sure this is practical of course, but this is just supposed to be a suggestion of one way that those of us that are loyal members both to Ocuk as a company and the forums, but are unfortunate enough to live outside the current 'free' delivery area.

Back
Top Bottom