Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
lol great so people who spend £3000 get nothing and trolls gets free shipping eh??? :):):)

I think I have a few hundread jokes lying around somewhere... so I think I see Post 3 coming up:)

Caporegime
lol great so people who spend £3000 get nothing and trolls gets free shipping eh??? :):):)

I think I have a few hundread jokes lying around somewhere... so I think I see Post 3 coming up:)

Doubtful, you have to be here untill March next year, and have over 100 meaningful posts...So if you are intending on spamming to get your post count up, it'll just be reset ;)

Caporegime
Just been trying to link my account to my forum name and it says this user doesn't qualify for discount! I think i meet the criteria to qualify though.

You should...as you've been here for more than 90 days, and over 250 posts...wait until December then try again...something might need updating there end or something?

Caporegime
Just pay attention -- it cost the same to post to any part of the United Kingdom, even places north of Watford, they do exist. I have e-mailed a don but want to let everyone know about this.:mad:

This is not to do with DHL - that is a different problem

when I changed my address to my sister in law's address who lives in England, got the option for free delivery!

To me that sounds like it's cheaper to mainland UK.

You seem to forget they have to cross water to your house.

And how is it not a DHL problem? They are the ones delivering it.

Granted, OcUK give some members discount on the shipping costs, but thats when they don't have to a hit on they're own shipping costs I would have thought...Same as when they are shipping to ireland, it will cost a few pound more than sending it on just a van, rather than a van + ferry.

Soldato
DHL cost more than Citylink - the reason for the change to DHL had nothing to do with price, if it had we'd have stuck with Citylink for sure.

Special delivery costs far more than courier services, as such we don't use it for free delivery, as far as I know there is no reasonably priced RM service which offers full insurance.

That said, I'll look into adding free forum shipping for orders under £40, as they go first class anyway, which as you say wouldn't make any difference for offshore islands.

Associate
Ok

Why are you still trying to charge me postage by Royal Mail to Orkney when there is NO difference where you send it. Just tried to order 4gb of memory and was asked to choose between 1st 2nd or special delivery at a cost of £2.50+, when I changed my address to my sister in law's address who lives in England, got the option for free delivery!

WHY!!!!!!!!!

Ive said it before, and i'll say it again. Your on an island and Mr Boatman won't do anything for nothing. Move to the mainland and your sorted! :p

Associate
It's a good idea BUT over the next few months il be looking for many new parts, so I have a few options available.

Maybe wait 90 days and be active member then order once free shipping or search around other sites and look for better deals.

I understand its a loyalty bonus but give it me early and i'll be loyal :)

Back
Top Bottom