1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free WYSIWYG Editor

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by gjrc, 8 Jun 2006.

1. gjrc

Soldato

hi guys,

i have built a few very basic websites for some friends. however they want to be able to edit content by change a few images and text.

is there a good editor i can get them to use which they don't have to pay for. i always use dreamweaver but that would mean £400 layout for them.

they have tried using front page but that seems to hack around with the HTML and screw the layout.

i want something basic with built in FTP. is there anything out there?

thanks in advance

g

2. JIMA

Gangster

Hi,

If you just want to edit text (rather than edit pages graphically) then EditPlus is pretty good. Does HTML, Perl etc. with syntax-highlighting, searching, and it's got FTP built in. Not free but at $30 not that expensive either.

Altova did a personal edition of XMLSpy which was very, very good though maybe more than you want. I remember it was free at the time too. Don't know if they still do it but worth googling for.

Arachnophilia might also be worth a look.

Jim

3. Tican

Soldato

Notepad + SmartFTP ;)

Umm Dreamweaver is about the best I think :p

*cough* Come on msn mate plz ;)

4. M0KUJ1N

PermaBanned

I was about to recommend Nvu- free and wysiwyg. Its not a program I use personally but a lot of students use it for producing web sites for assignments etc.