**French Open, Roland-Garros 2019**

Permabanned
Djokovic and Nadal in a battle tomorrow in Rome, just days before this year's Roland Garros begins.

Who is the hot favourite and will history be rewritten in the next weeks?

Soldato
This one channel/one court coverage on ITV4 really sucks. Who wants to see Nadal/Federer/etc blasting away no hopers in round one. Show something competitive FFS. :/

Soldato
So Kyle Edmund is out after going 2 sets down and pulling out. Just before he did that, it was mentioned that he'd gone 2 sets down in 13 best of 5 matches. He lost every single one 3-0....not even pulling back a single set. :eek: :D

Soldato
Konta one set away from the semis having not won a match before this year. :eek:

Shame one of the biggest courts in the world is practically empty though. I reckon they should give this tournament to another country where some fans actually might bother turning up. :p

Soldato
I am confused as to why/how she ended up representing Britain. She is Australian born to Hungarian parents if i remember correctly.

Because she has been living here half of her life and switched to representing GB once she became a citizen in 2012.

I do love having a laugh at the comments in the troll's section on the BBC site. Some people clearly have an issue with her being called 'British'.

I wonder if the same people constantly keep banging on about Mo Farah as well, because he wasn't born in the UK either.

Soldato
It's fine. I have no issue with your post, as it was a genuine question. The latter part of that post, I was airing my thoughts about the trolls on the BBC who like to keep telling everyone that she isn't British.

Sometimes, when quoting another poster, it can seem like the whole post is aimed at them. That wasn't my intention. I could have made it clearer the rest wasn't aimed at you.

Soldato
She had 2 set points when 5-3 up.... and loses 7-5. Oops. :p

Her problem has been poor shot selection. Too many drop shot attempts/net approaches at the wrong time and it hasn't taken anything special from the other girl to take advantage.

Soldato
Again nowt special from her opponent. Jo just made her look good from all her poor decision making and repeating the same mistakes she made when losing the first set. :/

Back
Top Bottom