Fresh Installation - Error Code 0x8007025D

Associate
Hello,

Recently, my PC had been working fine till one day it restarted and would consistently go off and on. After a while of trying to figure out the reason why it was doing this, I decided to just do a fresh installation of Windows 10. I had reformatted my SSD and tried to install Windows 10 with the USB stick I had recently got. The new version of the Windows Media Creation was used. However 80% into it preparing it, it had given me the Error 0x8007025D, preventing me from fully installing windows.

I have chkdsk but the SSD had no issues, I have tried multiple USB's to no avail. Ultimately I am stuck on what to do.

Specs:

CPU - i5-6600k

GPU - GTX 1060 6GB

RAM - 8GB

Power Supply - CX 550

SSD - Sandisk 480GB

Soldato
Is the system clocked?

And to clarify:

Recently, my PC had been working fine till one day it restarted and would consistently go off and on.
Did it stop doing this?..

I had reformatted my SSD and tried to install Windows 10 with the USB stick I had recently got.
...or are you trying to install Windows on an unstable system in the hope it cures the problem?

I would run memtest86 - to try and rule out the memory. Or, if it's too unstable to do this, try one stick at a time.

Associate
OP
No, my system was not overclocked.
No, it did not stop rebooting constantly, only when I used the USB Stick and booted it is when it stopped rebooting.
Yes, I did not know what to do at the time so therefore I had decided to just do a complete fresh install. I should've held off doing that but what's done is done now.
I have tired memtest86 and a scary looking result had been produced saying that the test has aborted due to too many errors...
...safe to say that my RAM needs replaced? Or is it my CPU that will need replaced?

Soldato
Try to Plug in the usb directly to the motherboard usb instead of with the case usb slots whem trying to install windows 10 and try with one memory stick of memory installed

Soldato
I have tired memtest86 and a scary looking result had been produced saying that the test has aborted due to too many errors...
...safe to say that my RAM needs replaced? Or is it my CPU that will need replaced?
Test one stick at a time in the same slot. If one fails RMA, the set.

Associate
OP
Yes, same result as last time with "Too many errors"
Question, when the test starts, is it testing the CPU first or the RAM?
Asking because everytime I start up the Memtest86, it automatically gives me a list of errors.

Soldato
Yes, same result as last time with "Too many errors"
Question, when the test starts, is it testing the CPU first or the RAM?
Asking because everytime I start up the Memtest86, it automatically gives me a list of errors.
It's the memory - and if you've tried the stick in different slots you need to RMA the stick.

As an aside - ideally you would be running two sticks (2 x 8Gb) in dual channel, and 16Gb would be of benefit if primarily used for gaming.

Associate
OP
I will do that, I may even buy additional RAM for the PC when I've received my pay.
Thank you for all your help, sir.
It's a damn shame too, I was only planning on using this PC to write assessments for College.

Soldato
I will do that, I may even buy additional RAM for the PC when I've received my pay.
If you do this match the stick - it will have a 'part number sticker' on the stick. If this is not possible try and match the stick's: frequency/timing/voltage as closely as you can. Post back if you have any concerns with this once you receive your replacement stick.

It's a damn shame too, I was only planning on using this PC to write assessments for College.
Sorry to read that. If you have a good friend/family member with 2 sticks of DDR 4 - perhaps they'll lend you a stick while yours is being replaced? It's for a good cause...

Best of luck with it and your assessments.

Back
Top Bottom