Friday night and im on night shift! Anyone else?

Soldato
I just finished work, but I work in a bar, so staying awake isn't really a problem as you don't get a chance to drift off.

It's so weird in the summer, as I go to work just before it gets dark and then come home as the sun is coming up.

Suspended
I briefly worked nights at a warehouse in Liverpool. It caused me to shout at old people - I was sleeping at about 11 AM a few hours after a shift, and had a delivery via Royal Mail. I was woken up by the doorknocking of the postman, but had to quickly get up and get dressed. I ran after him; he was round the corner by the time I caught up with him. On the way an old couple said "You wouldn't have to chase him if you got up in the morning!". I don't know why but I was so livid with them, I stood their giving them a piece of my mind for at least 5 minutes. Never did get an apology.

Soldato
I just got back from mine. (Midnight till 7) .. I'm not so much sleepy as just dazed and not all here. Planning on getting 5 or 6hrs kip now but not too much. Its my last night till wednesday, so so need to get back into a fairly normal pattern for a few days.

Man of Honour
calnen said:
Sunday early morning, is that double overtime?

nope its part of are rosta/contract conditions just get 10% extra for nights or weekends.. :rolleyes:

goto work 8 out of 12 weekends (can take 2 of them off as holiday) and upto 5 weeks of nights out of 13, but its always just 1..

Soldato
I just woke up after an 11-7 last night. We don't have internet access, and aren't allowed music or a tv or anything like that :(. I quite like working nights though, as they are quiet, so I just get to play games or read.

Suspended
OP
Just got up for my next one! Suppose I'll see all you happy night shifters online when Im at work later! Didnt realise so many people did night shifts too!!

If only we were all kids we could have our own secret society and a hidden den LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom