Front Fog lights

Soldato
I see it day in and day out. I used to get annoyed by it but now I just ignore it. I had a classic today driving home at night, a Mini Cooper with no headlights on but they did have their fog lights on!

A lot of people can't seem to grasp the difference between sidelights and headlights.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm beginning to find these new fog lights which turn on when turning or indicating.
TBH they're just as bad. Who needs a fog light when indicating during the day?!

Soldato
Driving yesterday, sunniest day in months, some tool coming the other way with fog lights on.

Said to my passenger "Look at that idiot with fog lights on in this weather.". Oddly he couldn't see anything wrong with it :confused:

Caporegime
My GF just bought a Mini with the Aero kit.

It has:

Main lights Full beam
Main lights Dipped beam
Side lights
Front bumper mounted Fog Lights
Front bumper mounted Spot lights
and the additional Grill mounted spot lights

Like Seriously!??! WTF?! At my calculations, that means at most she could have 8 forward facing lights on (Main beams, fogs and 2 sets of spots)!!!! If she does that im taking it away from her and selling it!

Associate
Hmmmm. Am I right in thinking the police can fine you for having your fogs on?

It happened to my friend not so long ago.

i do believe it is illegal is visibility is over 15m or something.
full beam is much more annoying, tho i do agree it does get on my nerves.

just for the record, im 18. the car i have dont even have front fogs XD. the rears ive used about 3 times this winter cos our village is on high ground...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My GF just bought a Mini with the Aero kit.
Like Seriously!??! WTF?! At my calculations, that means at most she could have 8 forward facing lights on (Main beams, fogs and 2 sets of spots)!!!! If she does that im taking it away from her and selling it!

Maybe she rallies at night without your knowledge.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;16124807 said:
Yea what is THAT about? Saw a BMW X6 today, turned left and... the left foglight came on. What is that about?

Part of the Adaptive Headlights option:

Cornering lights.

Cornering lights provide additional illumination of the area to the side of the vehicle, making night-time parking and turning safer.

Cornering lights compliment the functionality of Adaptive Headlights. While Adaptive Headlights provide superior illumination of curves when driving at normal speeds, cornering lights give you better lighting when carrying out low-speed manoeuvres: parking, turning into a driveway, u-turns and taking extremely winding roads, for example.

To provide this additional light, the fog lamps are fitted with integrated swivelling reflectors; alternatively, the headlights are equipped with an additional lamp. When the indicator is activated at speeds below 40 km/h, these lights illuminate an area to the side of the vehicle, up to 80° of the direction of travel.

After the corner is taken, the cornering lights dim and extinguish automatically. Cornering lights also facilitate safe reversing: when reverse gear is selected, both the left and right lights illuminate the area around the vehicle.

Source

Associate
[TW]Fox;16123808 said:
If only, its all sorts of muppets. I passed an AMBULANCE doing it this morning!

[TW]Fox;16124807 said:
Yea what is THAT about? Saw a BMW X6 today, turned left and... the left foglight came on. What is that about?

Ha any further anecdotes from your travels today, particularly relevant to this thread, you'd like to add? :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16124807 said:

Turning lights, a no moving parts version of swivelling headlights.

There's a gardener in the Lakes with a Stilo Abarth that does this, local police keep stopping him and telling him his fog lights are on and a bulb is out, then he demonstrates the feature, then they tell him to switch it off because they don't think it's legal. Only way to switch it off is to set the car to the profile for another country, and then it actually does break some UK regs, particularly the function of the alarm, voiding the insurance if it's stolen.

But then this is the same police force who have told the owner of a 500 that his daylight running lights aren't allowed because it's not a Volvo, after accusing them of being fog lights (they're in separate lenses).

Soldato
Stop whining and do something about it. Like this:

day1dsc4578.jpg

:D

Caporegime
Just further highlights how inept people are at driving, and what headlights and fog lights are actually for. When you go up against a 406 or a generic 4x4 in the wet it will 'WTF pwn' your cataracts when you're in something low to the ground. Then you get the baseball cap wearing ****tards with HID bulbs in their fog lights. Grrrr, bin the highways agency and convert them to VOSA inspectors please.

I hope you're not driving around with cataracts old chap!

Associate
Am I the only person in the world who isn't bothered by foglights. I mean, they aren't even THAT bright?

I have to admit I get far more upset with modern cars with their retardedly bright (Bi Xenon?) headlights.

No your not, I don't care either - as long as its not rear foglights because they can be confused for brake lights.

Soldato
Hate these foglight ****s.
Theres no need for it, these people are driving along, farting and going "DURP DURP DURP" or something I swear, morons.

Only ever needed to use foglights once.

Back
Top Bottom