Front rad for Evolv X

Associate
Planing to build my first custom loop in Evolv X case and need help to choose front rad. I want to go with triple 140 fans so 420mm rad. Due to space restrictions I narrowed it down to 2 rads:
XSPC EX420 and EK-CoolStream SE 420 Which one would perform better?
Thanks.

Associate
OP
I've read it all - only one person using front 420 rad and it's an ekwb ce420 which is 45mm thick and I don't think my pump/rez combo would fit if I'll use ce420. Everyone else in that thread using either 360 rads or AIO's.

Soldato
I've read it all - only one person using front 420 rad and it's an ekwb ce420 which is 45mm thick and I don't think my pump/rez combo would fit if I'll use ce420. Everyone else in that thread using either 360 rads or AIO's.

Hey dude what did you decide?
I’m doing a evolve X build and am thinking of putting a 420 in the front also but was thinking a black ice radiator.

Soldato
Here's my Evolve X, 9900K + 2080ti

EK CE420 with 3x EK-Furious Vardar EVO 140,
Black Ice Nemesis GTS 280mm with 2x Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-14 140mm
Bitspower 150mm reservoir, z-cap 3 port, D5 Mod top.

I4cIjMy.jpg
FjQVkP9.jpg
ki8pBnh.jpg
iUbtv3j.jpg
sQBuTMS.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I would choose the Black ice nemesis 420 GTS over either of those.

If i had to pick one or the other i would go with xspc. The ek se series hasn't done well in the reviews I've seen.

Associate
OP
Hey dude what did you decide?
I’m doing a evolve X build and am thinking of putting a 420 in the front also but was thinking a black ice radiator.
I went with XSPC XE420, but I haven't build it yet - my fittings and tubes got lost in the post :( Black Ice Nemesis won't fit, it's too wide, unless you can get "L" series nemesis which is narrower

Associate
I went with XSPC XE420, but I haven't build it yet - my fittings and tubes got lost in the post :( Black Ice Nemesis won't fit, it's too wide, unless you can get "L" series nemesis which is narrower
The XSPC stuff is nice. I have a Tx from xspc and a pe from ek. I prefer the look of EK but the build quality of XSPC is top notch in my experience. I'm sure you wont be dissapointed once you get it all together.

Soldato

Oh that is disappointing, sorry to hear about the post! I’ll have to have a think. 1x 360 black ice would it fit in front or too thick?

Or just the single 420 instead of 2 360

Soldato
Are those halos on the fans? They look amazing.
Yes they're the newer addressable 140mm Digital RGB versions. Might have gone a bit too RGB, there's two active outputs with 200 odd LEDs. Fans and CPU block in series. And the Evolv X case LED's and internal strips + GPU in series/parallel. I custom made the CPU/GPU LEDS to be really bright. They're all powered direct from the PSU.

XvoNxX4.jpg
sGeM6Nbl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Oh that is disappointing, sorry to hear about the post! I’ll have to have a think. 1x 360 black ice would it fit in front or too thick?
Or just the single 420 instead of 2 360

Black Ice Nemesis GRS 360 will fit in front as its 398mm x 133mm x 29.6mm (L x W x H), but I personaly prefer 280 up top and 420 in the front

Associate
OP
20190107-105205.jpg

Finally finished mine. It's not perfect, but I think for a complete noob my first custom loop turned out ok. Now have to leaktest and blitz it. Fingers crossed it won't leak.

Associate
Thanks. Used pt1 just for rads prior to assembly.
Yeah, the instructions are clear so I wasn't going to say anything, but I've seen more than one person make the mistake and then wonder why their tubing went cloudy.

I've got mine full of pt2 right now and need to drain and flush it. :rolleyes:

How are you getting on with the Maximus Formula?

Associate
Don't mind me, I've just come here to look at the cases with their loop setups - cracking job fellas well done.
Have the same case and going to get my loop sorted over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom