ft03 build need psu and cpu cooler

Associate
As title, finally laying my sugo q6600 rig to rest, need a psu and cpu cooler, case is the silverstone ft03, cpu Haswell i5 4670k, 8 gig corsair & NV MSI GeForce GTX 670 Twin Frozr Power Edition 2048MB

Whats psu power am i going to need for this & spec me a cpu cooler that fits , will clock but not extreme, cheers in advance.

Associate
I can' really think of an air CPU cooler that will not fit in the FT03, there is loads of space, so don't worry.

In terms of PSU, it will be your everyday recommendations such as Corsair etc. As long as it is a good brand, you will be fine. But you can buy short modular cable for Silverstone's own Strider series, which can make your cable hiding easier

Associate
Power wise I'd say anything 400W+ would be fine unless you're planning to go SLi. In which case I'd say 550W+

PSU's are generally most efficient at about 50% load, however, the drops either side of this whether it's 20% or 80% load are very small. You're system with the 1 GPU should run about 300 watts so a 600 watt unit would do nicely this would also give you headroom to add another GTX 670 later if you wanted to and would only take the PSU to 70% load so it would make a negligible difference to efficiency.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Corsair Builder Series CX 600w Modular '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (CP-9020060-UK) £62.99
Total : £62.99 (includes shipping : FREE).

Associate
I'm thinking of downsizing from my huge FT02 to an FT03 and have specced up most the components I was thinking of buying. I was thinking of either the Intel liquid CPU cooler or a Corsair H60 for my build.

Can you post some pics when you finish it please?

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replys, everything ordered now went with
Seasonic G series 450w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
Thermalright True Spirit 120 REV A [BW] Performance CPU Cooler

Went with a seasonic as, mine and my friends corsair psu died after about 2 years and the rma was to netherlands :s although this was a good few years back.
Will post up a brief build log, cheers (^^,)

Associate
OP
Finished it this morning, very impressed with the silverstone case, , the airflow is amazing , specially coming from a sugo and build quality top notch.

2sb737p.jpg

2edmayp.jpg

2jczj9w.jpg

mtuhe0.jpg

72uasn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom