Fuji X Series

Soldato
Well apparently it does have a new lens. Other 2 not confirmed.

I would like IBIS but not a deal breaker.

The d-pad has been removed.

The weather sealing is a deal breaker for me, had an x100s and it got dust on the sensor, was quoted the value of the camera to open it and and blow dust out.

olv

olv

Soldato
It's probably just a bit simplistic taking maximum thickness as it will include the front and rear grips which are really indicative of the whole body. That's true for everything though.

The reasons I went for the X-E3 in the end was that gave me the resolution increase that I wanted, along with a stepped improvement in AF from my X-T10 and has some of what I see as the more modern Fuji features like a joystick, touchscreen and bluetooth so should feel appreciably newer than a X-T20 would have. And it was £200 less than a grey import X-T30 so felt like the pragmatic solution. I can return or resell it if it turns out to be the wrong choice but I think it will make a good camera for me.

I had a good go with the X-E3 this weekend and very pleased with it so far. The size is good, the grip is a bit more comfortable than the X-T10 and the viewfinder location works better in practice too. Joystick and touch screen make setting the AF point quicker and overall it's good. I still like the dedicated drive dial on the X-T10 but infrequently shoot anything other than single shot so no big loss.

The buffer and overall speed of the camera is much faster and the extra resolution gives extra details and more latitude for pushing the JPEGs (I process everything in VSCO on my phone so rarely shoot RAW) with no discernible downsides in noise.

Nice to have are things like being able to charge by plugging the camera directly in which is one less thing to carry and bluetooth for syncing the date and time is such a small thing but the number of times I've forgotten when changing time zone and ended up with photos all adrift, it's welcome.

Associate
The d-pad has been removed.

This trend of removing useful features really has to stop. Headphone jacks in phones, ports in laptops, customisable, muscle-memory physical controls on cameras. The point of releasing a new generation of a product is to improve on the last one, not take away useful features that people use every day. It's just asinine product design.

Soldato
This trend of removing useful features really has to stop. Headphone jacks in phones, ports in laptops, customisable, muscle-memory physical controls on cameras. The point of releasing a new generation of a product is to improve on the last one, not take away useful features that people use every day. It's just asinine product design.

Agree.

Let's see. The event is tonight 8pm London.

Associate
Always wanted an X100, but the lens softness wide open and the lacklustre AF put me off ever purchasing one. The better lens, weather resistance and the tilt screen are definite positives for this one. I'll see how people say the AF performs and will have to play with one myself to see if the lack of buttons puts me off, but I am edging towards the buy side...

Soldato
I'm curious about this filter you have to buy (£50) to make it completely weather sealed. I mean it'll be some cheap glass at the front essentially. Hopefully, won't affect image quality. Assume not that big an issue as reviewers haven't made much reference to it.

Soldato
I'm curious about this filter you have to buy (£50) to make it completely weather sealed. I mean it'll be some cheap glass at the front essentially. Hopefully, won't affect image quality. Assume not that big an issue as reviewers haven't made much reference to it.
£50 for a filter that size isn't cheap glass! I would doubt that you will be able to see any difference in output particularly at normal viewing sizes/distances.

Soldato
£50 for a filter that size isn't cheap glass! I would doubt that you will be able to see any difference in output particularly at normal viewing sizes/distances.

Its bizarre they've even made it an option. Why not just have it as one unit and charge that bit extra.

I'm curious to see how long it takes to come on to panam-oz et al and at what price.

Soldato
Its bizarre they've even made it an option. Why not just have it as one unit and charge that bit extra.

I'm curious to see how long it takes to come on to panam-oz et al and at what price.
Most people don’t really care all that much about weather sealing I’ve only ever had one sealed lens. If is was a fixed front element loads of people would ten stick another £50 protection filter on anyway! A huge amount of the Fuji attraction is looks as style which this will spoil plus it’s a great opportunity to extract some extra cash from people like optional extra lens hoods.

Back
Top Bottom