Fuji X Series

Associate
Went and bought a X-T100 Today from the refurb store for £240.

Will be a nice little upgrade from my X-A2 and I can decide if I want to buy something more powerful then.

Sold my X-A2 in about 10 mins so looking forward to it turning up!

Associate
Strongly considering selling all my Fuji gear. Was an interesting 'experiment' - albeit a fairly expensive one, and now that I've been furloughed I could do with banking the cash. My Sony gear really does do everything I actually need it to do so may well be waving goodbye to the Fuji camp.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Strongly considering selling all my Fuji gear. Was an interesting 'experiment' - albeit a fairly expensive one, and now that I've been furloughed I could do with banking the cash. My Sony gear really does do everything I actually need it to do so may well be waving goodbye to the Fuji camp.

It's quite a luxury to have 2 camera systems that's for sure !

Associate
I can see the sense in freeing up some cash if that's needed, and obviously stick with the system you enjoy using the most.

It's always a tough one. I feel like Sony is the better system in terms of its capability and output (I'm predominantly a stills shooter), but there's almost something 'romantic' about the Fuji cameras that make you want to use them. Still, that's not really a luxury I can afford any more so I guess the smart thing to do is to keep the system that delivers the results.

Soldato
Is there a way to replicate the fuji film simulation modes in ps? How close can you actually get with presets etc?

My ideal is Sony full frame performance and lens choice in a fuji body with fuji colours :D

Associate
Is there a way to replicate the fuji film simulation modes in ps? How close can you actually get with presets etc?

My ideal is Sony full frame performance and lens choice in a fuji body with fuji colours :D

Not easily in my experience. There are presets that will get you close but Fuji's film simulations are more than just instragram-esque filters - they're computational based on the original film stocks. For example, you can use Fuji's PC software to process a RAW file with those simulations after the fact, but it requires the camera to be connected via USB to do so - it'll process the RAW image in the camera and send it back to the PC.

That said, the latest versions of Capture One and Lightroom have profiles included that are meant to match those in camera, but while they're close in terms of the look, they never look as good as those I get out of the camera via JPEG (I shoot RAW+JPEG on the Fuji bodies for exactly this reason).

Associate
Follow up on my thoughts around selling my Fuji gear - I was almost certain that I was going to sell it all up until using it again today. Hmmpphh. Wonder if there's anything else I can sell instead to raise a bit of cash.

Associate
For anyone interested, quite a few retailers have had their allocation of X-T4 stock in today.

Yup, I've had ownership of an X-T4 for about 2 weeks now. It's essentially an X-T3 with IBIS, which is what I was expecting. Just a pity that I can't use it much at the moment ( I tend to use the X-series bodies for travel / landscape in remote places ). Complements my GFX system perfectly.

Soldato
Ordered the X100V as a grab and go. £1060 delivered. 3 year UK warranty. Just sorting out accessories....

Wasn't sure which colour. Went for the silver in the end. First Fuji for me.

Soldato
Where did you find it for this price if you don't mind me asking ? Thanks

Pana-moz. Got it today quick delivery. Grey import, however the warranty is 3 years and they will fix any issues within the UK. They've already put the price up to 1080. Took a while for them to restock the silver version.

I emailed them before hand and they were quick and responsive to my questions.

Associate
Pana-moz. Got it today quick delivery. Grey import, however the warranty is 3 years and they will fix any issues within the UK. They've already put the price up to 1080. Took a while for them to restock the silver version.

I emailed them before hand and they were quick and responsive to my questions.

Was looking to get from the UK (quite a few good credit options going on the big etailers) and thought i had missed a promotion! Is a great price for the camera though, let us know how you get on :)

Back
Top Bottom