fujitso siemens amillo problem

Associate
After trying to load in my sony ericcson w850i software my laptop gets to the windows screen with the bar below moving left to right then just blacks out and reboots, occasionally i get a glimpse of a bsod:(. i can see when it starts that a usb mass storage device at location 00 is missing or something, anyone any ideas? :confused:

Associate
Are you installing from the cd-rom supplied with the sony mobile phone? If you are goto the sony-ericsson website and download the latest software from there and try that instead, Sony are fairly decent at providing software updates for their phones. Hopefully all will be well when you re-install the phone.

Rob H

Associate
OP
It will not boot into safe mode either, also see a message telling me s.m.a.r.t command failed press f1 to continue and it flashes bsod then starts trying to boot again. do you think my hd is goosed?

Soldato
ahh, now thats a new problem all together. I would download the latest bios for your laptop and any firmware for the hard drive as it may have set the threshold for the hard disk smart monitoring tool too low.

Having said that, I would definitely suspect the hard drive is on its way out. Does it make any unusual noises, such as grinding or very loud clicking?

Back
Top Bottom