Full list (so far) of downloadable games on the revolution

Soldato
gotta agree with werewolf. One of the reasons i got rid of my gamecube was the fact that every game was like constantly 40 quid everywhere, PS2 and xbox where 29.99 when not on sale on in any cheap places.
Although the list does looks good ;)
i also like the idea that the rev controller u will just hold it horizontally and its the same as an old nes controller, genius imho, the only good thing i have had to say about that controller tbh lol
I would maybe get it if they had this for launch, although i see it maybe coming along a few months after launch. Cos it will sell like a nutter on launch once it calms down, bam, out with this, sale central. i mean look at the Wi-fi for the DS.
Although some of this list is concerning, i mean i wouldnt have thought they would have been busting a gut to get star wars games out :confused:

Associate
Having just ranted about how ninty letting us buy games (some great) that we have owned in the past, i think the computer games industry would be a far poorer place with out them. There may sell us the same thing from time to time, but a least they dont dress it up as next gen or produce sub standard sequells that add nothing new to the genre.

I may never again own a nintendo but as long as they're around at least one company will be doing something different.

Associate
OP
Haly said:
Mildly suspicious of where the list came from and how accurate it actually is, but if just half of those games are true then it looks very good :)

Aparintly its from the latest issue of fatmsiu (sp?) and thats usualy a reliable source

Man of Honour
JUMPURS said:
Although some of this list is concerning, i mean i wouldnt have thought they would have been busting a gut to get star wars games out :confused:

I think it's just licences that are any issue, so hardly busting a gut...

Edit: ^ Famitsu?

Commissario
Baine said:
Maybe but i remember paying £70 for streetfighter 2 turbo on my SNES then another £60 for starwing :eek:

And my N64 games wernt much better :p

I am not having a pop but you must admit that nintendos games price history is the most expensive overall

And its only the fact that they have lost so much ground to the playstation brand that they have dropped prices in recent times
(

It's more the cost of production I think.

Back in the NES/Mastersystem/Megadrive/SNES/N64 days the media used was solid state which was (and still is) very expensive.
IIRC most games from Nintendo cost about the same as the ones from Sega if the cart sizes were similar, it was the odd games that had to come on larger carts (thus costing a lot more to make) that tended to cost more.

I can only remember a handful that cost over £50 on the Snes, and they were all overly large capacity carts* and carts with things like the FX or similar custom chips in them.

*Wasn't SF:2 Turbo a 48mbit cart compared to the average 16-24mbit carts?

Soldato
SF2 and SF2 turbo were 16Mb. Super SF2 was 32Mb.

I had all three. Bought SF2 on jap import (i had a jap console) for about £80, then part-ex'd it for Turbo, then part-ex'd turbo for Super SF2.

I've still never put anywhere near the number of hours into a game is i did with those three.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it; SF2 Turbo was 20Mb (Mbit)

Last edited:
Associate
Bigpops said:
SF2 and SF2 turbo were 16Mb. Super SF2 was 32Mb.

I had all three. Bought SF2 on jap import (i had a jap console) for about £80, then part-ex'd it for Turbo, then part-ex'd turbo for Super SF2.

I've still never put anywhere near the number of hours into a game is i did with those three.

One great thing about live on my 360 is that capcom are bringing out SF2 Turbo on the live market place :D

And it wont be the SNES "conversion" it will be the real deal, full fat arcade classic :D

Soldato
139. Banjo-Kazooie
140. Banjo-Tooie
157. Diddy Kong Racing
158. Donkey Kong 64
166. GoldenEye 007
176. Mario Kart 64
177. Mario Party
178. Mario Party 2
179. Mario Party 3
180. Mario Tennis 64
186. Paper Mario
187. Perfect Dark
203. Super Mario 64
206. The Legend of Zelda DD (Ura Zelda, Master Quest)
207. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
208. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
212. Wave Race 64

Very Nice :)

Will Gamecube games also be downloadable?

I'd love to get Zelda & Resident Evil on the Rev.

Associate
OP
Hostile17 said:
Will Gamecube games also be downloadable?

No but it is backwards compatable with the cube so. It has control ports for gamecube controllers and memory cards.
You just have to put in your camecube disks and it will work.

Soldato
There's already a console out that can emulate most of those games and a lot more besides. I just can't see the point unless there gonna let us have the games for free.

There's only so much retro i can stand :)

Soldato
I always thought Mario is Missing was a SNES game? Mate had it on the SNES, we played it for a very long time then realised we were learning geography... Instantly turned off to blast som ships with the scope! :D

Associate
pumaz said:
There's only so much retro i can stand :)

Actually I agree with this.

Dont get me wrong I think its fantastic the Revo has the function to do this but I think nintendo are putting too much emphasis on this as a viable selling point for the revo, especially with some of the games as re-re-releases (mario 64 springs to mind) imo it should be no more than a function integrated into a wider machine, much like the X360 has done with extra live functions etc.

Soldato
The NES/SNES games will surely have to be priced very low? I like retro as much as the next person but I cringe when I have to pay over £1.99 for a megadrive game...
ANd think about the NES, what did we have there? 2D platformers which all seemed the same, apart from Mario. Crap racing games which all seemed the same... A Boy and His Blob, which I shall say no more about...
I really wouldn't pay anything to have these games available to me.

Soldato
I dunno why people can complain about this feature. i think its brilliant that they are releasing back catalogue games for download. I know myself that if me and my mates are sitting around drinking beer with a list of old games we played we would download em in seconds whilst sat infront of the TV getting sloshed. I love old games and it will be great to have em at hand with no farting about with emus etc.

if the graphics on the new games are an improvement on the cube ill still be happy.. and the controller intrigues me. Nintendo always take things forward, regardless of some peoples comments on rehashes. Maybe they re release. but the titles they make are AAA grade. Zelda Ocarina of time... after playing originals earlier.. this was essentially just zelda with better graphics... or was it?... no it was an amazing game that was made so well and covered all aspects perfectly.

rock on nintendo :)

i love my DS so i hope this thing kicks ass too :)

Associate
Hedge said:
I dunno why people can complain about this feature...

Hey, Im not complaining, I just think nintendo put too much emphasis/faith into their own back catalogue (see DS, GBA releases. Hell even the SP's couldnt leave the past behind with the constant stream of 'special editions' that came out), which IMHO is what is 'stunting' their continued improvement in games development.

Hedge said:
Nintendo always take things forward, regardless of some peoples comments on rehashes.

I dont mean to be antagonistic, but how exactly have nintendo taken thing forward since the N64 in terms of games (not hardware)

Hedge said:
Maybe they re release. but the titles they made were AAA grade

Edited for truth ;)

Also its no justification to keep relying on them to carry the company forward.

Commissario
New methods of playing the games - they introduced the rumble pack, the mixed analogue/digital controllers, the touch screen and various other things to the mainstream games market.

At the moment there are nvery few ways really to do new games without new hardware because most avenues have already been explored at some point or another.
The hardware allows for new ways to play the games, hence new ways of making the games and designing them.

The control system in Metroid was new for consoles I beleive, with the multiple visors/weapons accessed by using different inputs etc (no pausing to adjust the menu).

Back
Top Bottom