1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full moon parties- Thailand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bes, 6 May 2006.

1. Bes

Soldato

Hi

Has anyone ever been to one of these?

Two of my mates are out there at the moment doing Tsunami releif work, and I am thinking about going out for a couple of weeks in August to meet up with them. We have talked about doing a full moon party. Anyone ever been? What are these like?

Thanks

2. Si MPS

Hitman

do people walk about with their bottoms out?

3. RandomTom

Sgarrista

4. Si MPS

Hitman

Ahhhh, now i understand :D

My friend Liz went to one of these when she was over in Thailand, said she had a whale of a time.

5. ThriceNightly

Wise Guy

the full moon party is on the island of koh phan gan which is a short boat ride from koh samui.....it's approx once a month (obviously on the full moon!)

it is a huge beach party with mostly tourists/ backpackers drinking and dancing on the beach through to the morning.

there's various bars along the beach and you get to meet quite a few interesting people.

6. Paul11

Capodecina

i've been to about 8 of them when i was living out in thailand for a year.

great fun and defenately worth the experience if you can get over there.

in my experience it depends on the people that you meet, but generally you should have a great time.

1000's of people partying on a beach til the sun comes up (and then on to another all day party)

if you have the time, hang out on koh phang gan for about 3 days before and 2 days after a full moon party for the best experience..