Funny sci fi game, can't remember what it's called

Soldato
Recently I saw a bit of buzz around a sci fi game that was great if you really liked the sci fi genre - lots of tropes and jokes you may not understand otherwise. I keep seeing Journey To A Forbidden Planet but for some reason the game I'm expecting to see wasn't first person but was 2d. A sort of Monkey Island in space. Have I invented this game? I know it's very little to go on, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Soldato
Any idea as to when it came out, roughly?

There's a good 30 years worth of games that might fit into a description that vague.

If it's an older game Day of the Tentacle or Manic Mansion maybe?

Soldato
Outside of being Point and Click I'm not sure I'd compare Monkey Island to Beneath a Steel Sky, unless he was just saying they're of the same genre.

Man of Honour
Outside of being Point and Click I'm not sure I'd compare Monkey Island to Beneath a Steel Sky, unless he was just saying they're of the same genre.

Thats how I was looking at the connection, purely as both are 2d side on point and clicks, rather than anything else.

Soldato
OP
it was a newish game, last 2 years or so, but done in an old style. I'm beginning to think it was some sort of fever dream haha. That said I've downloaded Beneath a Steel Sky and nearly completed that yesterday so it has been fruitful all the same :)

Associate
Can't think of a game that matches yours, but when thinking about funny sci fi games I remembered Giants: Citizen Kabuto. That had some cracking lines with the humans. Reading that there was an attempt to so a spiritual sequel but plans collapsed. Might to try it again - I see it is available from gog.

Back
Top Bottom