Funny things people have said about your cars?

Associate
I found it quite hard to get people to supervise me when I was still learning, and got comments along the lines of "There is no ******* way I'm getting in that car with you until you pass your test". :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
The old couple?

I thought that was damn cool! An old man coming over to look at a crazy Jap car. Awesome!

No, on the way home 2 guys in a rusty white transit pulled up next to me at the lights and asked me what it is. I had to tell them 3 times, and I don't think it sunk in even then.....

I then proceded to leave them a cloud of tyre smoke ;)

Man of Honour
Ex-girlfriend:
"The seats look like butterflys, they're so cute" :confused:

"What's that noise?"
"It's the indicator ticking thing"
"I thought your car had turned into Countdown"
"stfu"

Mates:
"Your dash looks like it's on its rag" (Red backlighting)
"How many dead people can you fit into the boot?" (He seemed deadly serious too)

Associate
them " haha nice car" (its a citroen c3)
me " yea cheers"
them "ha 0-60 in a calender month"
me "what do you drive"
them "i drive a ******** fast as you like"
me "that must have cost a fortune"
them "yea tell me about stil paying for it"
me "oh really i bought this cash brand new, oh and i just bought the wife a brand new mini cash, see ya"

Don
About my A8

"Why didn't you get a manual gearbox?"
"I didn't realise that you needed to steer as well" - My mum about the sat-nav after I told her to shut the **** up so I could hear the directions.

About my RX8

"Thaaat bay one o those noo-faangled rotoroised caaars innum?" - A farmer in Devon
"Is that a radial engine?"
"Do they do a diesel one?" - A salesman in my work carpark
"SHOW ME THE DOORS, SHOW ME THE DOORS, SHOW ME THE DOORS"

Suspended
davebax22 said:
them " haha nice car" (its a citroen c3)
me " yea cheers"
them "ha 0-60 in a calender month"
me "what do you drive"
them "i drive a ******** fast as you like"
me "that must have cost a fortune"
them "yea tell me about stil paying for it"
me "oh really i bought this cash brand new, oh and i just bought the wife a brand new mini cash, see ya"
hah pwned

Soldato
My focus used to get lots of attention, but the ammount of people who seem to think I have stolen my dads bike and am joyriding or something is amazing, no-one expects a 20 year old to have an R6 or similar, and I look my age (if not younger)

Mainly just funny looks and "how did you afford that" to which I say, easy they are only £7500 brand new and I have a shed for a car.

The ammount of people that seem to think sports bikes cost a fortune is funny!

Associate
Acolyte said:
"Why does it have a bonnet vent, does it have turbo?"

:(

:confused:

i think thats a reasonable assumption for joe public to make - just because renault decided they had to cut holes in the bonnet to cool the 19 and the valver :p

Soldato
Three or four I get all the time, plus the odd occasional one...

"What's that???"

"You've left the engine running" (When I've parked up and the turbo timer is ticking down)

"Why did you buy a J reg? I got an 05 plate [P.O.S]..? Why do you buy old cars, they're rubbish" After the discussion coming round to the fact that 2 out of my 6 cylinders produce more output than their whole engine..."bet you get rubbish fuel economy".

The best one I've ever had though..."Yo mate, how much did them air brakes cost ya???" (Dump valve:D )

Back
Top Bottom