Furnish My Shed

Associate
Just had a new shed delivered and assembled by Ace Sheds.

Now I just need to kit it out and optimise storage space.

I need to store the usual stuff like lawnmower, shovels, garden tools, strimmer, hedge trimmer etc

I was thinking of a 4 to 5 shelf heavy duty shelf system and some hooks or other things to hang some tools.

Anything else to consider ?

Any good, sturdy hooks, racking systems, storage systems etc you would recommend ?

Soldato
Soldato
I used a few sets of alu shelves with chipboard inserts, 4up plastic drawers, metal hooks for drills, hedgetrimmers etc, pegboard above the work surface and a shed long shelf about 10 inches from the roof for all my smaller bottles of oils, sprays and misc bottles.
For lighting I used diffused rope leds snaking across the roof (havent finished that bit yet) as a single light was too focussed. The light this led rope gives off is more than adequate for my needs. It comes in warm or pure white and can be cut into sections should you need to trim it.
https://hartingtonheath.com/product...ure-white-ip65-dimmable-neon-led-strip-light/

I-LumoS-White-360-Degree-Neon-Strip-Light-1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I got a set of plastic shelves, i think from B&Q as they had nice big feet compared to the metal rack shelving i have in my garage so thought it'd be better for the floor, then i screwed a load of battons to the wall and put in loads of hooks and screws to hang all my tools up to keep them off the ground.

Also made a small shelf/worktop space on the left with some board and brackets i had around, it could have done with being longer but that was the biggest bit of wood i had at the time

I also put in a solar panel and battery to supply 4x LED lights which has been really handy.

ACtC-3cPUCvQqZ7AyAED0AJAUrrhyZ1H_tvjGwjHxirFWR-3oqIOUEVg2Pn9IiUAoqJM_S7n1v3mOag3-O-5jtpv9ZO3tcnJbdXUkr6zRFgWPDM9Xipr27dTjINM9tw8C3SHDpMA8cPli-AY9FWv-CpezuE2tw=w1730-h1297-no

ACtC-3fXYbs-ijsBXWqmtu2QcjVdzA8gnHAB2o9WYhl6mUVqxEfnJdbcbl0h38AL6hnQYrTzsjk47us4JQ8QYP4ltBeGzIuoDdwgzP5aEn-zFZZBYiWS6bfFWFuuk4fSO0_kmzygt6E3lBT-L2VEJK4ADNMpLA=w973-h1297-no

ACtC-3d5GNMvN3q82AN_yJSwCtLwIb2c8wOpBwK4ycRbsPVk9eqTVxapE_vc64tofSXcdCXy8_3ZJthyaEZapjzOxiO3A97wdQk-sVBApp7R8FiDGHlpEaaULzBmkgyUVX8tpAQxa4v5OKt6YklGn_NljxyhWg=w1730-h1297-no

Soldato
Screwfix do some strong double hooks which are great for garden tools and garden chairs! I've essential done the same as sovietspybob with bits of timber and other garden tools hanging from them too.

Oh and I highly recommend the twinslot style shelving brackets. The link is to toolstation ones which I have below but you can get lots of different brands with more lengths of uprights or deeper brackets if required. You can simple place any odd bits of timber over the brackets then or do what I did and have somewhere like homebase cut a few sheets of plywood to your designed sizes.

HAO7UOih.jpg.png

I was bored at the start of lock down so I decided to undercoat and gloss them all white. Long shelves are all at the same height now before anyone's OCD goes crazy. I didn't want the recently glossed edges touching the other shelves at the time.

F2xXpLuh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom