• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FX60 worth it?

Associate
Ok, by the sounds of things you need to ask your self a few questions and face up to a few facts here.

1) Does your PC plays games at a good enough FPS?
2) Can you see your self upgrading any other component on your PC post the CPU upgrade?
3) Future money, will you have it?

If you answers are as follows then don't get it at all!

1) Yes
2) Yes, you have told us your thinking about your DX10 cards.
3) Unsure

With the arrival of Conroe and other such great chips it will make the FX almost pointless. It'll be the same as burning (probably) £500.
As for the DX10 cards, why don't you save your cash for DX10 to come out, then buy a CPU / mobo / gfx card then and you'll be laughing...

Agent.

Associate
if ya have phase dont go for the 170, cause most are coldbugged, i now it sounds daft but the 3800x2 are getting up to 3.6ghz now on phase, go on xs and have a look for the right stepping

i know what your mean about free fx60, i dont own an oil field, christ if i had to pay for the stuff, id be still on a 2200xp

Back
Top Bottom