G. Skill announces memory for AMD 5000 series

Associate
Regards the ryzen calc - if you are running below the stock speed of your XMP it screws up the quality output, all dram calc does is rate the SPD programming of your memory sticks. All memory sticks with SPD programming at the same timings and frequency will have the same rating - that has been my finding anyway. All Patriot 4400 C19 sticks get a rating of 94% at 3800mhz, the rating never changes even when some individual sticks are clearly much higher quality than others.

2 sticks runs to higher mhz, not tighter timings. The only timings that should be affected are tRDRDDD and tWRWRDD compared to running 2 sticks (unless the second pair of slots on the board are utter trash).

You wont see the colorful ram over here, its a headline grabber and will be released in extremely short supply mostly to reviewers and serious overclockers so that colorful can grab some media headlines. The default voltage is 1.65v and there are no heatspreaders because its intended to be used in LN2 setups if the various asian forum leaks are to be believed (I have no reason to disbelieve them, it makes sense given what we know already). This is colorful trying to make a name for themselves as a performance/overclocking memory producer.

thanks for the reply, I haven’t really done anything with this ram yet as it was bought for my new build. I’ll no doubt be picking your brain in the weeks to come once I’m in the position to getting these sticks fine tuned. Want to see first if the 5950x will work at a 1900 or even 2000FLK. Still waiting for the 5950x though

Soldato
yep I’m using the latest,

I used typhoon though to read my memory, converted it to nanoseconds and exported it to a html report which can then be imported to Ryzen calculator to give you customized details about your specific ram
Where do you find the 'show delays in nanoseconds' option in Thaiphoon? I must be blind or its hidden away somewhere

Associate
OP
@glnn_23 I'm quite interested in your hwinfo cpu stats. So are you all core 4.5 Ghz 5950x at 1.2v? Max temp in cinebench? Kinda crazy you are stable at such a low voltage. The silicon must actually be insane. Kind of makes me want to splash out on one too.

Sgarrista
Commissario
4000 has too many problems with FCLK right now. It actually gives worse performance than 3800.

I see. thanks for that im just about to order the ram for my build, have a 5950x and an aorus extreme mobo, what is the best ram to buy then? Money no object.

Associate
From AMD via PC Gamer:

"We are working on additional optimizations for 1900-2000MHz fabric clocks in our next AGESA release. AMD cannot guarantee any samples, including your own, will be able to hit these speeds. Although some current Ryzen 5000 samples are able to achieve a 1900+ fabric speed we feel confident even more users will be able to obtain these speeds with the forthcoming optimizations. If you recall on the 3000 series many, but not all, users were able to achieve a fabric speed of 1900. We believe this will be a similar situation with 5000 series processors and 2000MHz."

this was, Nov 5th. Have things not improved for 5000 series owners?

Soldato
From AMD via PC Gamer:

"We are working on additional optimizations for 1900-2000MHz fabric clocks in our next AGESA release. AMD cannot guarantee any samples, including your own, will be able to hit these speeds. Although some current Ryzen 5000 samples are able to achieve a 1900+ fabric speed we feel confident even more users will be able to obtain these speeds with the forthcoming optimizations. If you recall on the 3000 series many, but not all, users were able to achieve a fabric speed of 1900. We believe this will be a similar situation with 5000 series processors and 2000MHz."

this was, Nov 5th. Have things not improved for 5000 series owners?
Haven't tried 2000 on the latest bios, anyone that has is welcome to advise

Soldato
Well my G.skill 3800c14d-32gtz arrived today. :)

Just put it in with the fast settings from dram calculator.

3800-Neo2.jpg

All seems to be working fine. I'm sure there are plenty of tighter settings I can apply.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to share as memory timings is not my strong point!

Have to say it does make Windows more snappy with this ram which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom