G. Skill announces memory for AMD 5000 series

Associate
This place is amazing. So ended up it wasnt delayed, In fact it shipped monday, tracking confirmed it arrived in the midlands last night - was all on schedule to be delivered tomorrow. Then just checke! it got sent back to Ireland, hilarious. magical ram mystery tour.

Associate
This place is amazing. So ended up it wasnt delayed, In fact it shipped monday, tracking confirmed it arrived in the midlands last night - was all on schedule to be delivered tomorrow. Then just checke! it got sent back to Ireland, hilarious. magical ram mystery tour.

So kit arrived, DOCP profile is fine but still cant hit 1900 on the infinity fabric so obviously going to have to do some tweaking. what are the key setting that should have an imparct? TPHN report seems to have errors which isnt helping me for DRAM calculator

Soldato
Talking about this, one kit that interests me is the G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL14 TridentZ Neo 16GB.

This is 1.4v ram modules. Only ones on the market with such low voltage.

Except it seems to be discontinued now.

Good job I have found a way to run my current sticks at 3600MHz CL14 timings though.

Soldato
So kit arrived, DOCP profile is fine but still cant hit 1900 on the infinity fabric so obviously going to have to do some tweaking. what are the key setting that should have an imparct? TPHN report seems to have errors which isnt helping me for DRAM calculator

I'm not an expert on ram. But I think most will say SOC voltage and VDDG for FCLK.

However I think it's just the case that your CPU cant do 1900 FCLK.

What CPU do you have?

Try a step down. 1866 for 3733MHz ram.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Talking about this, one kit that interests me is the G.Skill DDR4 3600 CL14 TridentZ Neo 16GB.

This is 1.4v ram modules. Only ones on the market with such low voltage.

Except it seems to be discontinued now.

Good job I have found a way to run my current sticks at 3600MHz CL14 timings though.

Are you back to 3600MHz CL14 stable with the 3080?

Man of Honour
I feel like I’m contaminating the forums slightly by posting this here as well as in the CPU section but it’s a slightly separate issue so forgive me... my ram timings / cpu fclk seems really disappointing....

A4dFq7p.png

Can’t get fclk at 1900 :/

All pointers very much welcomed and happy to donate to a charity of choosing should anyone be able to wave their magic wand and help me improve it!!

Any thoughts at all @MrPils ? :o I spent about 12 hours yesterday trying to fiddle with settings and must have cleared cmos about 20 times!! So a little deflated. Would be grateful for any input!

Associate
I feel like I’m contaminating the forums slightly by posting this here as well as in the CPU section but it’s a slightly separate issue so forgive me... my ram timings / cpu fclk seems really disappointing....

A4dFq7p.png

Can’t get fclk at 1900 :/

All pointers very much welcomed and happy to donate to a charity of choosing should anyone be able to wave their magic wand and help me improve it!!

Any thoughts at all @MrPils ? :o I spent about 12 hours yesterday trying to fiddle with settings and must have cleared cmos about 20 times!! So a little deflated. Would be grateful for any input!

your VDDG and VDDP should be at most 50mv lower than you VSoc.

try setting VSOC to 1.125
VDDP to 0.900
VDDG CCD to 1.0
VDDG IOD to 1.05

if that works, you can then tighten those secondary timings by a lot.

Man of Honour
your VDDG and VDDP should be at most 50mv lower than you VSoc.

try setting VSOC to 1.125
VDDP to 0.900
VDDG CCD to 1.0
VDDG IOD to 1.05

if that works, you can then tighten those secondary timings by a lot.
Thanks ever so much for the help - will give it a go! Let me know via trust if you want me to make a donation anywhere!

I must admit I’m a little confused by “... should be at most 50mv lower than ...” - is there a way of rephrasing this? Sorry!

Associate
Not all 5950x will do 1900, just ignore it...You might even find you can't do 1900 but can do 1933 then the pc will run like a dog.

3733cl14 is still flying, get GDM disabled and tighten timings.

Associate
Thanks ever so much for the help - will give it a go! Let me know via trust if you want me to make a donation anywhere!

I must admit I’m a little confused by “... should be at most 50mv lower than ...” - is there a way of rephrasing this? Sorry!

if your VSoc is at 1.1V your VDDG should be no higher than 1.05V

Soldato
Looks like good memory but with a price tag to follow
It does look good but I'm not sure I'd want to throw that much cash at a kit when DDR5 is just around the corner, at this point I'm more than happy to sit on my cheap 3200/14 Bdie kit which will do 3800/14 with enough voltage then push the boat out for some binned DDR5 in 18 months time.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
It does look good but I'm not sure I'd want to throw that much cash at a kit when DDR5 is just around the corner, at this point I'm more than happy to sit on my cheap 3200/14 Bdie kit which will do 3800/14 with enough voltage then push the boat out for some binned DDR5 in 18 months time.

I don't think you'd see a big step up compared to your 8Pack kit, but talking about adopting DDR5 is so much more than just buying new memory.

Soldato
I don't think you'd see a big step up compared to your 8Pack kit, but talking about adopting DDR5 is so much more than just buying new memory.
While that is true you also have to consider the extra performance gain from a newer CPU which will Be equivalent in going from zen to zen 3 today and then there is the money I'll get back from selling my current CPU/ram/MB so the net spend won't be that much more.

Back
Top Bottom