1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G71 / 7900 GTX news?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Chaosboss, 31 Jan 2006.

1. Chaosboss

Gangster

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29314

What's your views on this?

"it is probably not realistic to expect this chip and cards based on G71 sooner than end of February. Early March could be the best bet, but this is the perfect case scenario."

The dates just keep rolling on :(!

2. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

It is due in March. :)

3. Legless

Hitman

I'm quite prepared to wait till march (or longer) as its going to take me a while to save for one of these beauties... ;)

4. Chaosboss

Gangster

Any idea's on the date in March?????

5. Kesnel

Wise Guy

I'm wondering what exactly these delays mean. In my eyes it could be one of two things. Either they're stocking up on cards prior to release so that we'll not have another 512mb GTX fiasco, or yeilds are not all that great and they're trying to produce enough cards for any sort of launch.

One would hope the former is the case; I'm looking forward to the results of these cards.

6. Chaosboss

Gangster

Yea i was wondering the same, it would be good if Nvidia were to lower the prices to compete with the ATI prices. It would surely damage ATI sales if they did that, would end up being better for Nvidia in the end

**crosses fingers** lol

7. Goksly

Capodecina

Isnt it so they cant launch at Cebit or what ever its called?

8. D.P.

Caporegime

What delays, I'm not aware of any delays. It has been scheduled for a mid-March release since the rumours first started. If anything the date has been brought forwards by a month. It was going to be a March-April kind of time.

9. Chaosboss

Gangster

I can't remember where i read it but i surely have the end of feb as a sure date for it. oh well no matter i can easily wait till march!

10. Exorcist

Capodecina

two of these in SLI please :)

11. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Hey so long as they don't release it 2mths before G80 I'll probably be buying.

12. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

Its meant to be shown at E3 on the week beginning march 9th so i dunno when retailers will have it for sale............

13. D.P.

Caporegime

http://www.xpentor.com/
    If even a hint of that is true ATI are going to be in a world of hurt!

Tasty rumours.

14. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Yeah as far as im aware to there is no delays, its always been March as i said earlier, don't know where everyones getting its been delayed from. :confused:

15. BubbySoup

Mobster

I'm really hoping these rumours are true - maybe ATI will realise they are just no good at developing cutting edge 3D hardware and give up.

Then we can have nVidia rain supreme which will surely benefit us consumers ...

16. Goksly

Capodecina

Not really.... Its going to cost twice as much. Whats the market like in terms of people splashing out $1000+ for a graphics card.
    Again, you seem to be pretty focused on nvidia good rumours and slate any ati rumours that float about. Still look too much like shrek for my liking ;)

Name me a situation where one company has market monopoly and it benefits the consumer? Market monopoly means they can progress as slowly as they want, and charge as much as they can. You obviously havent though about what you have typed. Not that this wasnt clear in the first sentence, but the second one confirmed it.

17. Kesnel

Wise Guy

I was unsure as to whether the comment was intended to be ironic or not, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for the question of delays, I was under the impression that at one point we were expecting G71 in January, though I may be mistaken.

18. Goksly

Capodecina

Megh - you can never be sure on these forums :p
    Also I thought the releases were always March / August.... but ATI released the 1900 in Jan so hmmmm.... probably just damage limitation.

19. Kesnel

Wise Guy

I know what you mean, I really didn't know whether to slate that comment or laugh. :p

The January date was flying around some time in December so it is likely it may just have been hearsay. Most hardware news sites have a terrible habit of "guessing" at release dates. ;)

20. tbz_ck

Mobster

The Inquirer is legendary in this respect :rolleyes: