• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G71 / 7900 GTX news?

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
no i agree competition is lame. there should only be one company available. then the pc will become more like the xbox 360 and games programmers will see that new hardware is too expensive to buy so they better get their butts in gear and program games properly to make use of the hardware we currently have.

Then we still be playing at 640x480 with are 4mb voodoo cards and intel 200mmx cpu...

Having competition is the best thing there is...You need to load up some games from a few years ago and see the difference..

Last edited:
Soldato
BubbySoup said:
Jeeze, my post is still being dragged up!?

Obviously my sarcasm was lost on a lot of people. Maybe it was my fault for not breaking out plenty of :rolleyes: at the end of the post...
how can i tell if its sarcastic from simple text?

there are some silly/dumb people on here, and i thought that comment was from one of them... However i see it wasnt....and it was ment as a joke.

a simple :rolleyes: or :p does stand out as making a post sarcastic :p

Soldato
here is an example on sarcasm:

My FX5200 is faster than a x1900xt so why should i get my butt ripped off by ati??? :p

here is an example of seriousness:

The moon orbits the earth which provides a gravitational curry to feed starving children in indonesia, if it wasn't for the moon none of those childern would have mild english cheddar cheese for dinner.

Associate
OP
Cyber-Mav said:
here is an example on sarcasm:

My FX5200 is faster than a x1900xt so why should i get my butt ripped off by ati??? :p

here is an example of seriousness:

The moon orbits the earth which provides a gravitational curry to feed starving children in indonesia, if it wasn't for the moon none of those childern would have mild english cheddar cheese for dinner.

hehehe, also the ' :p ' pic sorta shows it also

Soldato
Nice but X1900/7900 is pointless till this arrives

crysis.jpg

Crysis

Associate
OP
HighlandeR said:
Nice but X1900/7900 is pointless till this arrives

Crysis

yea yea then by then something new will come out which requires something else thats not out yet etc, it's the way it is.

All i know is im going to be happy & content with a nice G71 :D

Soldato
Don't see what the arguing is about? So what if the G71 is 50% faster or whatever. All it means is the two companies will keep churning faster and faster cards out and the prices should stay competitive.

Soldato
ahhhh in a year, we'll all be saying "Ha, how silly we were waiting for yet another new DirectX9 card to come out :D" whilst playing FarCry2 with a G80 ;)

Caporegime
This is the review I tried to find earlier:

X-Bit labs are reliable, and have recorded the actual card power draw.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gpu-consumption2006_4.html

X1900XT-X = 120.6W
7800GTX 512 = 94/7

And although it is not shown the standard 256Mb 7800GTX draws about 80 watts.

As can be seen, the 7800 series cards are extremely good at low power consumption. Hence the viability of a 700-750MHz 32 pipe card on 0.09um

Soldato
D.P. said:
This is the review I tried to find earlier:

X-Bit labs are reliable, and have recorded the actual card power draw.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gpu-consumption2006_4.html

X1900XT-X = 120.6W
7800GTX 512 = 94/7

And although it is not shown the standard 256Mb 7800GTX draws about 80 watts.

As can be seen, the 7800 series cards are extremely good at low power consumption. Hence the viability of a 700-750MHz 32 pipe card on 0.09um

Well hats off to NVIDIA for making card that uses 26w less power than the ATI card.

I dont care how much power my card uses to a limit, my PSU (and 90% of people who buy such an expensive graphics card) have 500w+ PSU's, so its not really much of an issue IMO.

NVIDIA are obviously the only option for those who chose to have the quietest and less power hungry system though, I admit.

Last edited:
Associate
Would a comparison of the x1800 be better than the x1900 since they are more on par graphic power wise? It's like comparing the latest CPU to the one before and showing that the older one uses less power and not mentioning that the new CPU can do more.

Jim

Associate
Dave2150 said:
Well hats off to NVIDIA for making card that uses 26w less power than the ATI card.

I dont care how much power my card uses to a limit, my PSU (and 90% of people who buy such an expensive graphics card) have 500w+ PSU's, so its not really much of an issue IMO.

NVIDIA are obviously the only option for those who chose to have the quietest and less power hungry system though, I admit.

Dave2150, i dont think thats the point of D.P. post. I think he was stating that becuse the NV card uses less power, then theres a greater chance that the 32 pipe rumours and 700+ clock speeds being correct for the 7900 with the move to a smaller die process. Or did i read it wrong? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom