1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA-X58A-UD3R Vs GA-X58A-UD5

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by nmungur, 8 Apr 2010.

1. nmungur

Associate

I need to decide on a mobo. I want the USB 3 functionality and its to go with an Intel processor. Memory is Cosair XMS 1333mhz, 6GB. I have decided that it is GA-X58A-UD3R or GA-X58A-UD5. I need to order this week so I cant wait for any coming releases!

I dont see much difference apart from the dual network option.

Anyone got any comparative info on them? Is the UD5 worth the extra?

2. CAPTAINBUMFLUFF

Hitman

Well I have a UD5 and it is very good, like most gigabyte motherboards if your into overclocking I would go with the UD5 if not the UD3R should be adequate. I only went for the UD5 over the UD3R as it had a small pci express slot for my sound card and it would fit crossfire

3. GJ02

Soldato

just finished building my new system with ud5,
    i take it your soundcard is in the 2nd pcie slot down ? the top one i would know what you could fit in that

4. Marine Iguana

Soldato

I have the X58A-UD3R and it is very stable and unless you need the subtle differences between them get the UD3 its a good little clocker too :)

5. cyclops12

Wise Guy

They both have the same slots ie 4x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, 2x PCIe x1 Slots & 1x PCI Slot

6. wolvers

Soldato

I've been looking at the UD3R as well. Good to hear that you're getting good clocks on it Iguana. :)