Gains. Why have you forsaken me!

Man of Honour
So having hit a training low during lockdown, I have altered my routine to focus on them there FTPz as I am not really eating enough to get bigger or significantly stronger (as quickly as I would like, anyway).

So, Mondays and Thursdays are weight training days; the rest (apart from one day over the weekend) are turbo trainer sessions.

Mondays:

- FRONT SQUAT (8-10)
- HIP THRUSTER (8-10)
- CHINUP (8-10)

Thursdays:

- DEADLIFT / HEAVY PULL (5)
- DBSS (8-10)
- ROW (8-10)

Tuesdays and Fridays will be slower and longer affairs (tempo work) with interval-type brutality on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

I can't see this going wrong at all.

Current stats:

BW: 87kg
HEIGHT: 181cm
RAMP TEST FTP: 231W
BACK SQUAT: 130kg
DEADLIFT: Probably about 150kg

Man of Honour
OP
FRONT SQUAT: 60kg * 10 Thighs were not happy with this.
HIP THRUSTER: 80kg * 10 Glutes and hammies not happy, either...
CHINUP: 12kg * 10

10 minutes on Zwift (Tick Tock) @ 200W average.

Man of Honour
OP
45 mins of Zwift intervals using the Alex Dowsett over-under routine from a fortnight ago. Felt pretty savage, even with FTP set at 231W.

But as I can't use the excuse of altitude, I'll settle for DOMS from the front squats on Monday. ;)

Man of Honour
Just posting so you know I'm perving on your thread. I have no idea what file transfer protocol has to do with fitness but more power to you my guy <3

Man of Honour
OP
Shoulders/traps are shot. Hamstrings are destroyed.

SST (Med) @ 231W (average 201W or something), or most of it. Missed the last 1.5 intervals and warm down.

Didn't feel too bad, but need to get el goochio more comfortable on longer sessions.

Man of Honour
OP
You using chamois cream?

Yup, but it is more a question of load-bearing tolerance than friction/abrasion... I spend the entirety of the workouts seated, and that just build up. :(

Today, it was legs. Again.

FRONT SQUAT @ 80*10
HIP THRUSTZOR @ 90*12
CHINUP @ 8*10
BROCEPS
TRICEPS...

Man of Honour
OP
Ow. Savaged the legs with 20 minutes of over-unders at 109->95% @ 231W, 2min blocks.

Managed the first "over" of the second set before deciding there was no way back.

Man of Honour
OP
Zwift misery courtesy of Alex Dowsett's TT Tips workout. Pyramid intervals, followed by reverse pyramid intervals, followed by over-unders.

And in today's heat.

So gross.

Back
Top Bottom