Associate
Hi all, I hope all is well with you.
I am writing, in hopes that you can help me. I had a gaming computer, with asus pt6 deluxe motherboard, an intel i7 processor and a AMD R9 290 x graphics card 4GB. It handled gaming ok, however when i would play PUBG, it would freeze the whole machine, with a video error stop code occasionally, or the machine would completely freeze and you had to force shut it down by unplugging the power. The event logs don't have ANYTHING except the critical error that the machine lost power and did not cleanly shut down.

To bebug, i used DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall, I reinstalled windows and changed my ram. I bought a new graphics card, which was ok for a few hours then the freeze happened again. Now, I have changed the motherboard, the ram, the processor, reinstalled windows, installed the drivers and it was fine for 2 days. Then yesterday the crash happened again!!!

Current Spec -

MotherBoard - MSI Z77A-G43 Intel LGA1155
Processor - 2500k i5 intel 3.4ghz,
Ram - Crucial 16gb (8GBx2).
Graphics Card Radeon Saphire pulse RX 580 (8GB)

This is something that is really become a headache, any input from any fellow engineers would be greatly appreciated.

Permabanned
The only thing you haven't changed is the PSU and certainly ( although rarely in my experience ) PSU's can cause that problem.

Soldato
Presumably the hard drives are the same also, error check those, and use some spare/alternate sata cables if you have some (rule out some avenues of potential issues), a faulty HDD can hang/crash a system no problem(but still function).

In short though, look at the constants, what's remained, the PSU and HDDs are the obvious things that haven't changed, so test what you can in those areas.

Out left field, it could be an obscure(unlikely) problematic USB device causing a fault, and that's another thing easy to test for, remove all your USB devices and borrow/use a spare kb and mouse (it's a simple test and not too much of a ball ache).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom