GAME shutting over 100 UK shops

Man of Honour
GAME and Gamestation stores are targetted at different demographics. GAME is aimed at the general public whereas Gamestation is for hardcore gamers. This is why its full of BO and anime crap.

Soldato
i worked for gamestation for over year and even got sent to las vegas for free:D Sad to see the stores go but some had to go. Some gamestation's stores were just there to take sales away from game, even if made a loss in the store. I guess the stores in blockbusters must have gone after the sale.
Online might be cheaper but you get to know your local games store and the service given can't be matched. If anything goes wrong and they will help the loyal customer. I realy enjoyed the feedback on gaming when talking to customers

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16421952 said:
GAME and Gamestation stores are targetted at different demographics. GAME is aimed at the general public whereas Gamestation is for hardcore gamers. This is why its full of BO and anime crap.

I couldnt agree more hahaha. :p

Gob

Gob

Associate
I refuse to buy games from GAME anymore, as every single game seems to be at the RRP price!

I just get games from etailers. I still prefer the disk though as I feel I am getting something for my money. I feel that if I do a digital download then I might as well torrent it.

I think GAME need to realise that no-one buys game from them because they are all 44.99 or 49.99 (ie the rrp).

True, its a bad state when you can actually go to the dog n record for a cheaper deal :s

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16421952 said:

You hit the nail on the head there.

Soldato
There's like 3 in my town, (2 games and 1 game station) all close by about 5 mins from each other. It's not exavtly amazing they're struggling.

Plus a lot of the time they just can't compete on price.

Soldato
2 game stores and 1 game station store within 5 minutes of each other in Sunderland. As Fox said Electronics boutique took over and took on the Game name. So they ended up with 2 stores in most city centres at a guess, Then add Game station into the mix, They will more than likely close one of the Game stores and keep a game and game station in the centres,

Even the Metro centre has two game stores and a game station.

Caporegime
I still remember when Game in Leicester was Electronics Boutique (what a gay name), and before that it was an actual arcade!!!! And I spent many hours playing Mortal Kombat 2 upstairs.

Soldato
Good. The one in my town doesn't even sell PC games anyway. And they've always charged high prices - I can get games online for MUCH cheaper.

It is a shame, but it's their fault for not changing with the market. i.e. You can't get away with charging £40+ for a game these days when you can get it only for £35 or less and have it delivered to your door.

Soldato
Good. The one in my town doesn't even sell PC games anyway. And they've always charged high prices - I can get games online for MUCH cheaper.

It is a shame, but it's their fault for not changing with the market. i.e. You can't get away with charging £40+ for a game these days when you can get it only for £35 or less and have it delivered to your door.

I used to love coming out of school every so often and walking into town to buy a friday release every now and then, but I can often save £15 by buying off the net so I don't really see any point.

Soldato
I used to love coming out of school every so often and walking into town to buy a friday release every now and then, but I can often save £15 by buying off the net so I don't really see any point.

Same, I'd love to check it out. I still remember running down to buy FFX when it came out, and other games. Plus they used to have some good deals - but it's as a dry as a grandmother's vagina now. :(

Soldato
3x GAME stores in Birmingham city centre and 2x Gamestations. They do have competition with the big CEX store and GameStop nearby though. I never buy brand new games now as the second hand ones are just as good, 90% of the time the disc is flawless and I don't care about the case. GAME and Gamestation are pretty expensive even compared to their competitors (and most supermarkets these days).

Back
Top Bottom