1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games Console Through Digital TV Card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dureth, 27 Feb 2006.

1. Dureth

Wise Guy

I know that you can plug a games console into an analog TV card and thus hav eit output to your monitor, but does this still work with a digital TV card?

2. Bales1983

Gangster

Hi,

I cannot be 100% certain but most digital tv cards i have seen are analogue too, which card where you looking at??

Regards

Lee

3. Drefsab

Gangster

or get a gfx card that supports VIVO

4. Jimbo Mahoney

Soldato

For consoles through a PC, I cannot recommend enough DScaler (freeware)- I would even go so far as to choose the TV card / Video input card based on whether or not DScaler supports it.

I cannot speak for Digital TV cards though, but I'd imagine they must have some sort of S-video or Composite (eurgh!) input.

5. RoboCod

Capodecina

I am trying to do the same thing - I want to play my Gamecube on my montior because it would be handy with the set up I have.

I have a Geforce 6600gt 128mb. I dont think this has video in, this simply means I cant hook the GC up to it and see it on my monitor so I assume I need to buy a TV card right?

At the mo Im looking at a second hand hapuage, it doesnt have to be any good for TV reception really as I have a big TV high up in my room to watch that.