Games Crashing/Closing - Please Help Me

Associate
Hello All,

I am having a really strange issue with my computer when loading into games, first let me detail my specifications.

CPU: i7 7770k @ 4.8Ghz
RAM: 16GB 3200Mhz Corsair DDR4
GFX: Gtx 1070 8gb
PSU: 800w (I think?)
HDD: 3 x 240gb SSD

My problem: I primarily started noticing this issue last week where my PUBG would just completely freeze as soon as it was about to actually load me into the starting lobby, it does not go unresponsive it simply is just stuck on my screen and I have to kill the process.

I created a post on Reddit for help which u can read here for a little bit more info :- https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/9nszst/game_crashes_on_load_everytime_please_help/

Truthfully I kinda concluded at this point that PUBG crashing was due to PUBG... (If you play PUBG you'll understand the **** storm it is atm) so I decided to buy Black Ops 4 on release date and it was running great until last night...

Black Ops 4 has now started doing exactly the same as PUBG where it will load into the menu okay and I can ready up etc, just the second it is about to 'spawn' me into the server it will either compeltely close or crash with no unresponsive message.

The weird thing is I can run Furmark for hours and it will not crash... It is only when playing these games.

I have attached a event viewer entry from BlackOps4 crashing (Sadly PUBG dosen't put anything in Event Viewer)

Event Viewer Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/9FYCA85.png

Before I end this post I guess it's wise to tell you the steps I have already tried to resolve this...
  1. Reinstalled GFX Drivers
  2. Installed GFX Drivers from July that were 100% working
  3. Disabled ShadowPlay / In-Game Overlay
  4. Reinstalled PUBG 3 ******* Times...
  5. Verified Game Files etc...
  6. Disabled Firewall & AntiVirus
If anyone can help me out with this I would be really greatful, if I can't get this resolved today I think I will try reinstalling Windows 10 completely.

Thanks.

Soldato
Hello All,

I am having a really strange issue with my computer when loading into games, first let me detail my specifications.

CPU: i7 7770k @ 4.8Ghz
RAM: 16GB 3200Mhz Corsair DDR4
GFX: Gtx 1070 8gb
PSU: 800w (I think?)
HDD: 3 x 240gb SSD

My problem: I primarily started noticing this issue last week where my PUBG would just completely freeze as soon as it was about to actually load me into the starting lobby, it does not go unresponsive it simply is just stuck on my screen and I have to kill the process.

I created a post on Reddit for help which u can read here for a little bit more info :- https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/9nszst/game_crashes_on_load_everytime_please_help/

Truthfully I kinda concluded at this point that PUBG crashing was due to PUBG... (If you play PUBG you'll understand the **** storm it is atm) so I decided to buy Black Ops 4 on release date and it was running great until last night...

Black Ops 4 has now started doing exactly the same as PUBG where it will load into the menu okay and I can ready up etc, just the second it is about to 'spawn' me into the server it will either compeltely close or crash with no unresponsive message.

The weird thing is I can run Furmark for hours and it will not crash... It is only when playing these games.

I have attached a event viewer entry from BlackOps4 crashing (Sadly PUBG dosen't put anything in Event Viewer)

Event Viewer Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/9FYCA85.png

Before I end this post I guess it's wise to tell you the steps I have already tried to resolve this...
  1. Reinstalled GFX Drivers
  2. Installed GFX Drivers from July that were 100% working
  3. Disabled ShadowPlay / In-Game Overlay
  4. Reinstalled PUBG 3 ******* Times...
  5. Verified Game Files etc...
  6. Disabled Firewall & AntiVirus
If anyone can help me out with this I would be really greatful, if I can't get this resolved today I think I will try reinstalling Windows 10 completely.

Thanks.

Maybe your overclock isn't as stable as you think it is, Furmark is a GPU benchmark, what have you run to verify that your CPU and RAM is stable.

Sounds like a classic case of data has slowly been getting corrupted over time due to an unstable overclock.

Associate
OP
Maybe your overclock isn't as stable as you think it is, Furmark is a GPU benchmark, what have you run to verify that your CPU and RAM is stable.

Sounds like a classic case of data has slowly been getting corrupted over time due to an unstable overclock.

Thanks for the replies - I will drop the OC tonight.

@Jamin you mentioned "data has slowly been getting corrupted" - What data do you refer to? If I do drop the OC is there possibilities of underlying data corruption that would still require to be resolved?

Thanks again.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies - I will drop the OC tonight.

@Jamin you mentioned "data has slowly been getting corrupted" - What data do you refer to? If I do drop the OC is there possibilities of underlying data corruption that would still require to be resolved?

Thanks again.

A bad overclock over time leads to bad data being written to your drives, each time its read and re-written to the hard drive, it gets worse, basically memory controller, RAM, and CPU will all write bad data if they are unstable, instability doesn't always come in the form of BSOD's and crashes, the only way to resolve this if your system is unstable when you test is to re-format your drives after you've got it stable.

When you run a stresstest app like prime95 or memtest, a failure is a result of a sum / equation sent to the CPU or RAM for it to solve and reporting back the wrong answer so to speak, the app expects one result, the CPU or RAM gives back something else, failure, its corrupt data, if you choose to ignore it and run with a system for a length of time, eventually that data being read and written to your hard drive gets worse and worse.

Basically, when I overclock a system, all I install is windows and drivers, that's it, when ive got my overclock where I want it and im happy with all the testing ive done, I then reformat my main drive and re-install Windows, drivers and then add apps and games etc to make sure its clean and there is no data corruption going on there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom